Somebody else's doctor called me today

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
I was driving the new rental car and got a call and let it go to voice mail - it was the longest most long winded voice mail ever - the guy sounded like he was half lit going "Hello this is doctor blah blah you got an appointment for so on and so forth and called her name and everything"

It took me 5 minutes to listen to this message and I had to hear it all before I could delete the voicemail. So I called the guy back and he answered the phone. "Hello this is doctor whoever ...." long winded slow talking and I explained to him that he called me just now with someone else's patient information!!

He goes "Well hold on .. I gotta see what I did let me look this up ...." and I hear him shuffling through papers - like paper shuffeling noises, not computer keyboard clicks - what year is this? And after an agonizing 5 minute call he determines he swapped the last two numbers.

He was grateful and thanked me a lot cause now he could get the right information to the rihght person but what the hell?

What kind of doctor is making his own calls without use of an assistant?

Who leaves a voicemail to someone with a completely different name?

So weird

Tell me about some wrong calls you've had

I had a stalker ex so I changed my number. From the calls I get, the asshole who used to have my current number is a Cubs fan (because his friends were texting me when they won) and had a shitload of debt because the collectors call me at least once a week

Just another moment in the life of @Clippy.

I used to get calls from a retard asking if I was his doctor.

Threaten to report him to compliance - blackmail - profit - thank me - later.

You should've told him your penis was bleeding and got free medical advice billed to the other guy

I used to get calls for a dude named Bill. Apparently he was some kind of shitty contractor and left a bunch of jobs unfinished. People are real upset at him.

So weird

Broke ass, cheap ass Canadian health care, that's who.

Oh shit that was a major HIPAA violation! Doctors should be calling their patients so he sounds like a good provider that messed up.

Are there health privacy laws in Canada? Here in the US, if that doctor bills his patients electronically, then he just broke the HIPAA privacy rule.

What kind of shitty phone do you have where you can’t delete until the end of the message? Sounds poor.

A drug dealer I knew switched numbers and I called his old one and some dude went berserk on me. Poor dude got his old number and was getting calls 24/7 from addicts looking for drugs.

What kind of shitty phone do you have where you can’t delete until the end of the message? Sounds poor.
Back in the day my sister had an answering machine like that. You couldn't delete messages until you've listened to the whole thing. She used to love it (well, not so much) when I'd call, leave a message, then walk away from the phone leaving it off the hook. Good times.

I was driving the new rental car and got a call and let it go to voice mail - it was the longest most long winded voice mail ever - the guy sounded like he was half lit going "Hello this is doctor blah blah you got an appointment for so on and so forth and called her name and everything"

It took me 5 minutes to listen to this message and I had to hear it all before I could delete the voicemail. So I called the guy back and he answered the phone. "Hello this is doctor whoever ...." long winded slow talking and I explained to him that he called me just now with someone else's patient information!!

He goes "Well hold on .. I gotta see what I did let me look this up ...." and I hear him shuffling through papers - like paper shuffeling noises, not computer keyboard clicks - what year is this? And after an agonizing 5 minute call he determines he swapped the last two numbers.

He was grateful and thanked me a lot cause now he could get the right information to the rihght person but what the hell?

So weird

Yeah, that is pretty ghetto that he is doing that himself, and it is not electronic. Is it possible that he is a shrink and not a medical doctor? Do you live in the U.S.? Major metropolitan area or rural?

Yeah, that is pretty ghetto that he is doing that himself, and it is not electronic. Is it possible that he is a shrink and not a medical doctor? Do you live in the U.S.? Major metropolitan area or rural?

I live in a small Canadian city

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back