Some things that piss me off about this message board.

S

Soul Rebel

1.) I'm fucking sick of seeing an entire page with a single post repeated again and again. I'm even more pissed at the jackasses who think its funny to keep referring back to that one single post ("Cottos chin will take a toll on Mayweather" anyone?). Why is there no way for members to delete their own posts?

2.) A report button. What the fuck is up with having to come here to report trolls? It would be so much more efficient if there was a report button under every post.

Both these accessories are found on every other message board I visit. Sherdog is so fucking innefficient considering the popularity of it.

PM a mod with a link to the thread or post you're sick of and what the issue is. That is the best and preferred method of reporting abuse.

1.) I'm fucking sick of seeing an entire page with a single post repeated again and again. I'm even more pissed at the jackasses who think its funny to keep referring back to that one single post ("Cottos chin will take a toll on Mayweather" anyone?). Why is there no way for members to delete their own posts?

2.) A report button. What the fuck is up with having to come here to report trolls? It would be so much more efficient if there was a report button under every post.

Both these accessories are found on every other message board I visit. Sherdog is so fucking innefficient considering the popularity of it.

Quick ... gimme 5 forums that have that feature available on them. I have a little experience adminning on other boards and I'm registered on a ton more. Most of them don't have that feature available unless they are very small.

The size of this board is the reason it's inactive here. All of the features simply can't be activated and maintain the essential functions we have to have.

At any rate, I hope I've answered your question somewhat. Joking a bit with you as well.

Quick ... gimme 5 forums that have that feature available on them. I have a little experience adminning on other boards and I'm registered on a ton more. Most of them don't have that feature available unless they are very small.

The size of this board is the reason it's inactive here. All of the features simply can't be activated and maintain the essential functions we have to have.

At any rate, I hope I've answered your question somewhat. Joking a bit with you as well.

I will say I know a fair number of large forums that do have reporting functions, but all of these forums are large income generators based on certain activities, trading, or consumer hobbies (PBNation, slickdeal, fatwallet etc...).
I'd say it's more a matter of dollars and cents, as some forums have the luxury of more cash for fancy tech support and administrative oversight, which is fine because these sites need to be moderated to serve their consumer base.

There are certain realities you are going to have to come to terms with if you are going to enjoy posting here.

If you guys are using vbulletin, then the flagged post system can be set to create a thread in designated forum (that only moderators can see) and if the same post is flagged multiple times it will just add the notes to that thread, instead of the flag system PMing mods. It massively cut back on the overhead from the flag post button on the forums I run but we also have around 1/3 of the posters compared to here.

If you have a platinum account you can delete your own posts.

Back