solo drills

wallsac

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone have any BJJ drills you can do on your own? I am not going to be attending classes for a couple of months and would like to work some technique if possible...
Right now I am just doing cardio and flexibility stuff- is there anything else that can help with grappling when I don't have a grappling partner or class?

Thanks for any input!

Dummy!..i mean get a grappling dummy. Yoga perhaps? maybe even palates....i might start that stuff soon, i heard a lot of high school chicks take it :) (don't worry, i'm 17....not 71)
-Jon

jpark4 said:
Dummy!..i mean get a grappling dummy. Yoga perhaps? maybe even palates....i might start that stuff soon, i heard a lot of high school chicks take it :) (don't worry, i'm 17....not 71)
-Jon

A grappling dummy is good but it won't really matter if you're someone training 3+ times a week you won't really need it and it's also very expensive.

Anyways, back to the thread starter....

If you have ever been a wrestler then you'll know alot of takedown drills to do. If not, then here is a website with some BJJ and wrestling drills to do. http://stickgrappler.tripod.com/bjj/fbdrills.html

That's a tough one. I would suggest practicing shrimping against a wall with a dummy on top of you. Stretching your hips will really help.
A weight lifting exercise I like is to lay flat on your back with your arms above your head at a 90. Using two dumbells, curl them up like you are defending a key lock.
It looks like this:
|_O_|

And do a lot of cardio.

put a punching bag (heavy) on the floor and work positions all night..... you can also practice stand up with it...... fireman's hold, power drills etc

Back