Socks with little grips on the bottom?

furdog

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Where can I find socks that have those little plastic grips distributed throughout the bottom? You've probably seen this type of thing on gloves before. I'm tired of getting cigarette burns on my feet during grappling and I'd like to expose less of my skin because so many people have skin diseases that I've caught.

I've considered wrestling shoes, and for several reasons I'd prefer to go with socks.

lol i swear i wore those as a kid

sorry to hear your catching rashies---- maybe u cud buy a biaterial soap and always wash your feet 2

mat burn on the top of ur feet is common

Have you considered ankle supports? That might help prevent some of the mat burn you are getting.

Ah yes... the first knuckle on both my big toes is purple from the burn...

LOL - Been here. What you're actually looking for is called a wrestling sock, but really, dont waste your money. Just wear a long tube sock, they work great and when it really comes time to compete, you're moves will come a lot stronger barefoot.

Full Contact Outlet

LOL - Been here. What you're actually looking for is called a wrestling sock, but really, dont waste your money. Just wear a long tube sock, they work great and when it really comes time to compete, you're moves will come a lot stronger barefoot.

Full Contact Outlet

I figured it would be too easy to throw me in judo--especially foot sweep me--if I wear a regular sock. I'll just go to a store and see what I can find, then experiment.

Thanks for the link Mestizo. If those are used in running, I might be able to get them from the Running Room or a sports equipment store.

Where can I find socks that have those little plastic grips distributed throughout the bottom? You've probably seen this type of thing on gloves before. I'm tired of getting cigarette burns on my feet during grappling and I'd like to expose less of my skin because so many people have skin diseases that I've caught.

I've considered wrestling shoes, and for several reasons I'd prefer to go with socks.

If you get cigarette burns on your feet don't smoke while you grapple or sweep the cigarette butts off then grapple.if you do that you can wrestle barefoot or train somewhere that dont allow smoking in the gym!!!

Ah yes... the first knuckle on both my big toes is purple from the burn...

my toe knuckle has evolved and the skin is too tough to get cut from mat burn

tht or wear wrestling boots

I mean that it is constantly purple now from burns and wear and tear, and probably because it never quite got to heal properly. It doesn't really get worn off anymore.

I mean that it is constantly purple now from burns and wear and tear, and probably because it never quite got to heal properly. It doesn't really get worn off anymore.

u think ur skin has toughened? i havent got mat burn cuts for 3years

I wear socks in the winter cause my feet freeze easily. Just regular socks though. The nice thick/good quality ones are best. Guys laugh a bit at me cause I wear "Gold Toe" toe brand colored ones but its all good cause Im most often the tapper and not the tappee!

mat burns on your feet? hmm never had that issue, my knees yes, my elbows yes, but not my feet

mat burns on your feet? hmm never had that issue, my knees yes, my elbows yes, but not my feet

much like other posters, I burn the hell out of the top of my big toe. It's done when doing shots, and I drag the top of my foot on the mat.

Back