• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Soccer & the UFC.....

I'm just saying that nowhere where there's an athletic commission an event based on having multiple fights in a short laps of time will work.
Abolish athletic commission or work something out with them. This MMA world cup that I'm calling for will only take place once every 2 years so I'm not asking too much

Why are there losers here on an MMA/UFC forum telling us how great Soccer is? I'm sure there are world cup fifa forums somewhere on the internet since it's so "popular" and 7 billion disagree with me when I call it a pussy sport. Go there.
Tough man

soccer has insane talent pool, almost every human can play it, you got soccer players who are 5'6 and 6'2, mma not really, in Europe it's popular in Russia, UK and Poland and that's it.
Are you saying that soccer is only popular in Europe and Russia??

I for one look forward to unchallenged center control, running, flopping, fights in the stands that are more interesting than the card, and scoreless ties.
Still not as bad as wall n' stall, bad judges, lay n pray, and athletes pulling out the day of the match.

Also, this world cup has had exactly one scoreless draw.

But then Americans would dominate the rest of the world just like in everything else. Fine by us of course but the rest of the world will feel left out and as the benevolent leader of the free world that's not something we want.
<Jaime01>

Where does all that frustration come from young man?

Abolish athletic commission or work something out with them. This MMA world cup that I'm calling for will only take place once every 2 years so I'm not asking too much
I'd be fine with MMA in the olympics.. mma basically is a modern day pankration. Probably one of the oldest Olympics sports of all time. And the Olympics are once every 4 years. I can swing that. Make a giant GP in every major weight division. They used to have one night Gp. I think in 16 days they can spread out the fights to give some fighters a couple days to rest between fights. It would be fucking amazing.

I love MMA, but it can't compete with football. Football is the world's greatest sport with superior athletes competing on the world stage. Kids begin at a young age and compete in rec leagues, watched by loving, supportive parents. All the major networks supply coverage. The players are aggressive, strong, fast and amazing to watch.

...Oh, you mean soccer? Bunch of fucking pussies ...

Words cannot explain how eagerly I anticipate that amazing quarter final between Belgium and Italy

Back