So you think u got good takedowns?

Foul Breath said:
Nice takedowns. Try looking at judo takedowns. There are more and better.

:rolleyes:

thats good stuff,i live in oz and havnt seen much 'real' wrestling before.

Huntor said:
thats good stuff,i live in oz and havnt seen much 'real' wrestling before.

you're right, the only time we get to see real wrestling on the tv is when it's in the olympics and even then it's shown at 2:00am

Foul Breath said:

Have you counted all the wrestling takedowns and judo takedowns? Is that how you know which has more?

Judo is better? For gi or no gi? I use both and both are excellent. Sometimes, wrestling takedowns work better. Sometimes judo takedowns work better. I have gone standup with judo black belts who would have killed me if I limited myself to judo. Yet, I was able to take them down with wrestling takedowns (basic single leg). On the other hand, I have gone against very good wrestlers, but was able to throw them with an uchi mata and other throws.

Which is better? The one that works in that particular circumstance.

If you want to limit yourself to only one or the other because you think one type is better than the other, go right ahead. I look forward to going stand up with you.

David_Jacobs said:
Have you counted all the wrestling takedowns and judo takedowns? Is that how you know which has more?

Judo is better? For gi or no gi? I use both and both are excellent. Sometimes, wrestling takedowns work better. Sometimes judo takedowns work better. I have gone standup with judo black belts who would have killed me if I limited myself to judo. Yet, I was able to take them down with wrestling takedowns (basic single leg). On the other hand, I have gone against very good wrestlers, but was able to throw them with an uchi mata and other throws.

Which is better? The one that works in that particular circumstance.

If you want to limit yourself to only one or the other because you think one type is better than the other, go right ahead. I look forward to going stand up with you.

Are you allowed to call it stand up at your height?

I hate going stand up against guys who are eye level with my center of gravity...

5' 6 1/2 is the normal height for adult male humans.

Anything over 5'9" is a clear case of a pituitary malfunction.

David_Jacobs said:
5' 6 1/2 is the normal height for adult male humans.

Anything over 5'9" is a clear case of a pituitary malfunction.

I am a genetic freak, and have to buy very large hats. No need to humiliate me for it...

*runs away crying*

Ewwww, bad example, very sloppy wrestling. Thanx for the vid though
I agree but it was there and so I posted it. LOL..apparently someones home vid of their kid wrasslin.

EPT said:
you're right, the only time we get to see real wrestling on the tv is when it's in the olympics and even then it's shown at 2:00am

And we rarely get to see the sharks vs goldfish.

Foul Breath said:

you know, takedown wise, those wrestlers would likely kill most judoka. That athletic level is way above that of most judokas.

Back