So you think the UFC is unfair when it comes to sponsors and money?

Vitamin Water probably paid him at least $200K to wear it :icon_lol:

The players get around half of all revenue including sponsorships so it's in the players' (as a whole not a star like Urlacher) own best interest for the league to maximize revenue by charging big money to Gatorade for exclusive rights.

They must know what they're doing if the sponsors still pay, the fighters still fight, and the viewers still watch, regardless of whether it says UFC or CONDOM DEPOT on the shorts. I hope someday UFC has the heart to do cross-promotion title fights. Like if two champions are undefeated and clear out a division from can to contender

The UFC has the right to control who advertises on their programming. That being said, restricted endorsements work out better for NFL players because the NFL signs huge contracts with advertisers and the players get a portion of that through collective bargaining

While fighting for the UFC, the fighters make more in sponsorship money. In my opinion, the sponsors are paying the UFC for the right to be seen on a fighter that fights for the UFC. It is a win win. Fighter makes money, the UFC makes money and the sponsor gets seen on the biggest stage for MMA.

Yes, totally unfair, we won't pay you a lot but also won't allow you to take extra income from places we don't deal with, sickening. Barao is top 3 p4p but reportedly makes a little over 10k to show.

Do check your facts....

It's well within the UFC's right as a business to control the business partners that get to advertise on their broadcasts, just as all the other sports do by having apparel contracts. Where UFC fighters suffer is their inability to sell their own likeness outside of the event without more hefty fees (more detailed info is available if you search the Jon Fitch and Randy Couture cases).

I am pretty sure they are free to use their own likeness and image outside the UFC and make whatever money they want with it. However I think the issue was they could not use their image that is contained or part of UFC footage.

I think I am remembering that right but would need to refresh to be sure.

Back