so without JDS and Overeem

Idk what Overeem's pay was but I know at one point he had a $800,000 base pay and JDS got a lot too. I wish they didn't cut them, those guy made them a lot of money, but I mean...if you didn't see it coming then I just don't know what to tell ya. I knew it was a matter of time and I was surprised it took that long, not happy about it, just figured it was coming. You can't have that big of a price tag and be far passed your prime and not be always on the cutting block. It's not like they were like, well we don't want them on our roster lol. Seems super duper simple to me, it's a business before a sport unfortunately.
I did see it ;) Still pissed me off.
JDS not really because he wasn't competitive but Reem was. But I knew the payday he was getting yeah. Still, top.. 7 guy.

It beyond sucks that they fed JDS to three contenders in a row just to cut him but they let Arlovski stink up the card decisioning bums. JDS could have been KOing those same fighters and actually adding some excitement value to cards.
Arlovski is more of a legend than jds tough and was a ufc champ

Blaydes is THE gatekeeper to beat. If you beat Blaydes, you are good enough to fight for the title.

That's what gatekeeper means to me. Reem and JDS let too many pass through to be considered gatekeepers.
Sadly, this has become true. No disrespect to either guy as they're both warriors, however their time has past.

Arlovski is more of a legend than jds tough and was a ufc champ

lol no. Arlovski is trash now. He hasn't finished a fight in 6 years. And he hasn't won an entertaining fight since then either.

I did see it ;) Still pissed me off.
JDS not really because he wasn't competitive but Reem was. But I knew the payday he was getting yeah. Still, top.. 7 guy.
Have to disagree about JDS.
JDS smoked Lewis just 2 years ago, and out of his last 4 opponents, 3 finished Overeem and the 4th (Gane) would most likely. He just got handed 4 horribly tough matchups in a row while Overeem got easier fights in between.

Neither was top 5 at this point.

Idk what Overeem's pay was but I know at one point he had a $800,000 base pay and JDS got a lot too. I wish they didn't cut them, those guy made them a lot of money, but I mean...if you didn't see it coming then I just don't know what to tell ya. I knew it was a matter of time and I was surprised it took that long, not happy about it, just figured it was coming. You can't have that big of a price tag and be far passed your prime and not be always on the cutting block. It's not like they were like, well we don't want them on our roster lol. Seems super duper simple to me, it's a business before a sport unfortunately.
i wonder if the ufc offers to renegotiate at lower rate, or if it just cuts them

Gatekeepers by division
Hw- Arlovski/Tybura/Blagoy
Lhw- Ozdemir/Krylov/Cutelaba
Mw- Brunson/Jacare
Ww- recently Woodley/RDA/Maia
Lw- Hooker/recently Tony/FKL
Fw- Ige/Frankie/Stephans
Bw- Bermudez/Beltran/Cody/Aldo
Flw- no clue

Gatekeepers by division
Hw- Arlovski/Tybura/Blagoy
Lhw- Ozdemir/Krylov/Cutelaba
Mw- Brunson/Jacare
Ww- recently Woodley/RDA/Maia
Lw- Hooker/recently Tony/FKL
Fw- Ige/Frankie/Stephans
Bw- Bermudez/Beltran/Cody/Aldo
Flw- no clue
volkan is still a legit contender or at least can still be

I honestly don't understand the gif?
Let me explain, Stipe went from calling himself. “The Baddest Man on the Planet”(lmfao) to not even sticking around to be a gatekeeper.

I probably misunderstood the meaning of your post but still found it funny as I thought you were clowning Stipe.

lol no. Arlovski is trash now. He hasn't finished a fight in 6 years. And he hasn't won an entertaining fight since then either.

As much as I like Arlovski, he's like grandfathered in for me to root for, but I just don't care to see him fight anymore. Tybora is another HW that is so predictable and boring, although he did have a good last fight or two iirc and seems to be more dangerous and aggressive, or it was just those fights stylistically. I can't call Arlovski trash cause he's still winning a lot of his fights, but he's trash to watch which is probably what you meant.

It pisses me off so much when they cut/don't extend contact (for) fighters who are in the top 15, especially in the top 10.
Then the goof is trying his best to come up with an excuse how someone is old etc. but forgets about the fact that that "old, not having it anymore" fighter
is still smashing dudes in the top 10. So that speaks about the overall talent pool if your elite fighters are getting smashed by old and "past it" fighters.
Same goes with cutting "boring" fighters. Hell, I don't mind the boring aspect that much if the person manages to keep winning.
It waters down the roster.
If they weren't private contractors would the be illegal? I'm English so I'm not familiar with the law in stateside.

Let me explain, Stipe went from calling himself. “The Baddest Man on the Planet”(lmfao) to not even sticking around to be a gatekeeper.

I probably misunderstood the meaning of your post but still found it funny as I thought you were clowning Stipe.
No worries! I mostly meant I think Stipe might want to try and fight for the title once more, but I feel he retires after one more loss. He doesn't seem the type that wants to be a gatekeeper

The whole division needed to be cleaned up with younger talent like 5 years ago. I mean as much as I enjoyed seeing old legends stick around they shouldn't have been the gate way to a title shot

Back