So whose ordering 173?

Holdsworth made Jake Shields seem electrifying. Chiesa dominated Trinaldo in round one then gave up on fighting and laid on him to a decision. Which is also what Sam Sicilia did for roughly half an hour, when he wasn't randomly pulling guard from back mount. And the first fight was less technical than your average Battle at the Barn fight. I admit that Clarke's submission was a great moment, but the rest of the fight was forgettable, and aside from that the high point of the prelims has been Ferguson's one-sided throttling of Kikuno. Not good.

That's an awfully shitty review of the prelims.

And yes, I ordered the PPV

All main cards for $13/month on tv4play in sweden. I cant complain I guess.

Not bad! Here in Finland, all the events are included in my 45-channel cable package which costs $50 per month. I'd never pay for a PPV.

I'm watching it for free on BT Sport 1.
And frankly where I live I never saw a 50$ PPV, and I think never will be something similar ...
and btw this card for the moment doesn't deserves much money at all.

Also time zone and UFC pacing kill me, I think I'll watch replays for the next events in the Americas.

Not when the company is milking not just it's fighters, but more importantly its fans. Why should I pay for something that's a shitty deal? I can still think like this and also say that the fighter's don't get paid enough. There both still true!

You shouldn't pay for something if you think it's a shitty deal, but complaining that someone else isn't paying enough to a fighter that you're not willing to pay to see is counterintuitive.

Me. Watching a potential future GOAT is always a treat. Plus Hendo a ma fuckin legend and Cormier a world class lhw, oh fuck ya. Plus Lawler vs Ellenberger. As an mma fan how could I not?

Wahhhh! I want the fighters to get paid more but I wont pour money into the number 1 mechanism that allows them to get paid more.

LOL. How else are you supporting Barao? Tipping his ass coins on Chaturbate, donating to him via paypal?

Not my fault UFC has a SHITTY mechanism for fighters pay LOL. Other sports do just fine paying their athletes millions and they dont have PPV... and I don't need to pay $55 per month to follow them, hmmmmm......

You can continue to pay for 2 decent fights at $55 per month, I wont be "Wahhhing" at all, trust me :D

You shouldn't pay for something if you think it's a shitty deal, but complaining that someone else isn't paying enough to a fighter that you're not willing to pay to see is counterintuitive.

But most of the money is going to Zuffa and PPV anyways so all that will do is continue the status quo of overhyped shitty cards once a month a $55. Sure it helps Baro, but it doesn't help me!

STREAM%20PHOTO%202.jpg

Perfect, haha!

But most of the money is going to Zuffa and PPV anyways so all that will do is continue the status quo of overhyped shitty cards once a month a $55. Sure it helps Baro, but it doesn't help me!

Bubba, I'm not telling you to buy the PPV. All I'm saying is that it's counterintuitive not to buy the PPV and then complain about Barao's pay. His last PPV got 260K buys, and it had another title fight on it. The UFC is going to pay the fighters that make them the most money. Barao isn't one of those guys. I bought tonight's PPV and the last Barao card, and I'm still not going to complain about his pay because even with my buy he's still not drawing decent numbers. But if I didn't even think his fight was worth $55, I'd be in even less of a position to demand that someone else pay him more. In other words, if he's not worth $55 to you, why should he be worth more to the UFC?

Bubba, I'm not telling you to buy the PPV. All I'm saying is that it's counterintuitive not to buy the PPV and then complain about Barao's pay. His last PPV got 260K buys, and it had another title fight on it. The UFC is going to pay the fighters that make them the most money. Barao isn't one of those guys. I bought tonight's PPV and the last Barao card, and I'm still not going to complain about his pay because even with my buy he's still not drawing decent numbers. But if I didn't even think his fight was worth $55, I'd be in even less of a position to demand that someone else pay him more. In other words, if he's not worth $55 to you, why should he be worth more to the UFC?

Who is demanding? Its a FACT that UFC fighters get paid shit so im not gonna help Zuffa in any way. Just because I like Barao and would like him to get paid better doesn't mean that I should now fork over $55 just to watch his ONE MATCH. That's fucking retarded logic no matter how you look at it. Then to top it off, how much of that $55 does he actually get? Fuck that and fuck the whole way UFC screws us fans around with over hyped watered down cards.

Streaming for lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Awww TKimble ran away back to sitting under Dana's desk. That's what you get for trying to post straight garbage saying I need to pay $55 per month to support a fighter. What a joke.

Who is demanding? Its a FACT that UFC fighters get paid shit so im not gonna help Zuffa in any way. Just because I like Barao and would like him to get paid better doesn't mean that I should now fork over $55 just to watch his ONE MATCH. That's fucking retarded logic no matter how you look at it. Then to top it off, how much of that $55 does he actually get? Fuck that and fuck the whole way UFC screws us fans around with over hyped watered down cards.

Streaming for lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Why should the UFC pay Barao more than they do?

Because he is a champion with nine wins under Zuffa, six of them stoppages and the president of the company claims he is pound for pound the best. With that said, asking everyone to pay $55 to watch him is laughable. If they used a different format, does that mean they couldn't pay him the same or even pay him more?

This whole format is to make Zuffa as much money as possible and that's it. You supported that today yet again by paying for that PPV so thanks a lot says Dana and Lorenzo. Poor Barao ain't seeing much of that.

Because he is a champion with nine wins under Zuffa, six of them stoppages and the president of the company claims he is pound for pound the best. With that said, asking everyone to pay $55 to watch him is laughable. If they used a different format, does that mean they couldn't pay him the same or even pay him more?

This whole format is to make Zuffa as much money as possible and that's it. You supported that today yet again by paying for that PPV so thanks a lot says Dana and Lorenzo. Poor Barao ain't seeing much of that.

None of those are good reasons. Companies, including sports organizations, pay employees based on the value the employee brings to the employer. I'm an attorney, and my bonus is based on the money I make my firm in terms of billable hours. For a football team that value is a combination of play on the field, team success, jersey sales, etc. For the WWE it's ratings, PPV buys and merchandise sales. For the UFC its also ratings and PPV sales. Thus far, Barao hasn't drawn ratings or PPV buys on par with the champions/stars who are getting paid more than him. Ronda, Jones, Cain, GSP, Anderson, Hendricks, Diaz, etc. all draw better numbers than Barao does under the same TV/PPV model. So it's not just you that isn't willing to pay $55 to watch Barao fight, it's also hundreds of thousands of other people who ARE willing pay $55 to watch other fighters fight.

Yeah, I bought the PPV today. For the same reason you're streaming it illegally: because it was what I felt was best for me. The difference between you and me is, despite the fact that Barao got more from my $60 than he did from your $0 (even if that's nowhere near what Zuffa got from it) I don't give a shit how much he gets paid.

So yeah, it's counterintuitive to not buy Barao's PPVs and then complain that he doesn't get paid enough.

Not me. I didn't even go to the bar to watch it either.

I will be buying UFC 175.

None of those are good reasons. Companies, including sports organizations, pay employees based on the value the employee brings to the employer. I'm an attorney, and my bonus is based on the money I make my firm in terms of billable hours. For a football team that value is a combination of play on the field, team success, jersey sales, etc. For the WWE it's ratings, PPV buys and merchandise sales. For the UFC its also ratings and PPV sales. Thus far, Barao hasn't drawn ratings or PPV buys on par with the champions/stars who are getting paid more than him. Ronda, Jones, Cain, GSP, Anderson, Hendricks, Diaz, etc. all draw better numbers than Barao does under the same TV/PPV model. So it's not just you that isn't willing to pay $55 to watch Barao fight, it's also hundreds of thousands of other people who ARE willing pay $55 to watch other fighters fight.

Yeah, I bought the PPV today. For the same reason you're streaming it illegally: because it was what I felt was best for me. The difference between you and me is, despite the fact that Barao got more from my $60 than he did from your $0 (even if that's nowhere near what Zuffa got from it) I don't give a shit how much he gets paid.

So yeah, it's counterintuitive to not buy Barao's PPVs and then complain that he doesn't get paid enough.

I don't give a fuck about who gets paid what. Never made a thread or post complaining about some other guys net worth. But overall, UFC fighters get paid shitty and by paying out $55 to Zuffa and PPV is not what a MMA fan should be doing if they ever wanna start getting treated properly.

Wouldn't you rather see most big events on Fight Pass so you don't have to dish out $55 per month and take a chance on who knows what? Well if you ever would like that to happen, STOP BUYING PPV'S!!!

I have no issue with people bitching about fighters pay and still not paying $55 per month for 2 decent matches. UFC milks everyone they can, the fighters and the fans. Add in cost of cable and fight pass every month and their format looks more and more retarded when you really think about it.

Back