So who's the top stylistic bad match-up for Khabib at LW?

It is Tony. Endless cardio, activity from the back, extremely hard to finish.

I don't get the Kevin talk. He's a great prospect but he likely loses a striking match to Khabib. I don't understand where all this "Kevin outstrikes him" talk comes from or what it is based on. I guess the BS meme Kevin himself put out about Khabib's striking being bad, therefore a dumb assumption that Kevin is the greatest boxer in the universe or whatever. It makes no logical sense.

At 155?!?
Yes , GSP 155

IMG_20180819_180501.png

Tony and Lee is the only thing that interests me in the top 10.

GSP if he moves down.

Ortega if he moves up.

Aaron Pico in a few years..

Frankie or tony

I’d like to see Ortega too, but the weight makes it tough.

Ortega is well equipped with a vast Arsenal and is creative.

In order at LW

Ferg has the best chance, can match him cardio wise as well as much better on the feet and slick subs and grappling. Very dangerous fight for Khabib.

Lee is a close one to call, lean towards Khabib maybe but early on I think Lee should have an advantage until he starts to slow down.

Gaethje would probably lose but would make it a fun fight, we are still not sure how high level his grappling in mma even tho he has great credentials

If we are including other weightclasses, obviously woodley and gsp dominate him.

I don't think Khabib stays in the lightweight division long enough to find out...

I'd say GSP has the best chance... Tony is probably next... and then a distant distant third Lee if he comes correct...

That being said, I still think Khabib beats Tony & Kevin. GSP would give Khabib his hardest fight at lightweight. Could go either way but I'd give the edge to GSP.

Also, wildcard Al Iaquinta with a proper training camp can possibly give Khabib a tough fight but I don't think he beats Khabib either.

If GSP makes it down, which he says he can, then he probably beats Khabib. It would be much harder to bully Georges the way he has his other match ups due to GSPs size and wrestling skills. I guess the x factors are how diminished would he be cutting all that weight, and how far out of his prime is he at this stage.

Totally biased Tony fan here...and I'm saying "Tony". No apologies. I think he's got the toughness and diversity of attack vectors to pose real problems for Khabib. I think Lee would do about as well as Raging Al did against Khabib.

Jarl

GSP, if he can make 155 he is obviously the worst. If anyone in MMA history who can make 155 is a stylistically bad matchup for Khabib it is GSP. He is the ultimate out-wrestler or wrestlers in MMA history.

Otherwise it is Tony. Insane, unbelieveable terminator pace and he can fight effectively from any position even off his back.

I honestly think Kevin Lee will run through the division going forward, including Khabib. The guy just turned 26 and would have probably beaten Tony if not for the staph infection, he lost to Al almost 5 years ago but he was young as hell back then.

Gillespie without a doubt. Especially if his stand up keeps improving. Hernandez looks special too, knocked out dariush and outgrappled a beast on the ground in aubin -mercier in his last fight

Huge Khabib fan but a "bad match-up" is a real thing (expect for deluded Conor fans). I must admit that Tony is still No.1
1. He has the endurance, recovery and heart to probably withstand Khabib's ground and pound.
2. I think that out of everyone he will be the one that will take less damage from the bottom, he will take some but a lot less than any other LW fighter.
3. Unfortunately I believe that that Khabib will probably gas before Tony does. 4. I don't believe that Khabib can submit Tony and vice-versa.
5. Now regarding the standup, I disagree with many of you. I think that Khabib can be comfortable standing with Tony, not for to long but enough time to pace himself and achieve his takedowns.

I see this fighting going to decision for sure. Whoever looks more active will win, my real worry is that Tony is a cardio machine and he might be able to steal the last 4th and 5th. If Khabib pace himself, improve cardio a little, he might be able to take 1 thru 3 with take-downs and looking active on top. I think that Khabib is a smarter fighter as well so I believe he will win but with a perfect strategy.

No. 2 would be Kevin Lee, he is a very good wrestler with good standup. This fight would be a war for sure and would be a matter of who is more durable. I believe that Khabib is way more durable than Lee.

Gaethje

In his prime, someone like BJ. Great TD with good boxing. Those are the things that will give him trouble. I’d say Kevin Lee, but, after watching the McGregor fight, I think he’d get KO’d.

In his prime, someone like BJ. Great TD with good boxing. Those are the things that will give him trouble. I’d say Kevin Lee, but, after watching the McGregor fight, I think he’d get KO’d.

He would overpower BJ just like GSP did

He would overpower BJ just like GSP did

Not without the size advantage. BJ never lost to a natural LW in his prime. BJ beat the hell out of GSP the first fight, fought Fitch to draw, and stopped Matt Hughes, all while fighting a weight class up. He’d give him all types of problems.

Tony and Lee is the only thing that interests me in the top 10.

GSP if he moves down.

Ortega if he moves up.

Aaron Pico in a few years..

I can't deny that Ortega would be the fight to make me nervous

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blunttruth
Back