So... who fights Jones now?

If Jon is ever going to fight Francis it really does have to be now. Jon is on the decline and Francis is going to get more and more dangerous the further he gets into this MMA thing.

This would be a fucking huge deal, I hope it happens. Biggest fight this year if Khabib/Tony doesn't happen.

Jones was teasing a new fight

LHW has literally no one to fight him. According to the rankings:

1. DC: Nope
2. Santos: Has no knees. Will be back next year
3. Smith: No chance of a rematch
4. Reyes: Booked
5. Jan: Booked
6: Gus: Coming of 2 losses.
7. Corey: Booked
8. Volkan: 1-3 in his last 4. No chance
9. Glover: Nope
10. Walker: Booked
11, 12, 13, etc.. nope

MWs: Robert and Izzy are fighting. Romero is not fighting Jones. Costa is going to UFC 243 and will challenge for 185 title.

Does Jones finally goes to HW?

Stipe is supposedly fighting DC next for the trilogy so the title has to be out of the line.

Oh wait... there is one guy there who also hinted at a potential fight.

I don't think Miocic will be eager to give DC a rematch, after DC dicked him around denying a rematch until there was no alternative.

I find it more realistic Jon fighting Miocic or DC next than the abovementioned rematch.

The only big fights would be at heavyweight, maybe Francis, jds or champ vs champ with stipe as the third fight with dc has seriously lost its shine after dc got dropped and lost the belt.

What about Cain? If he already recovered I think is an awesome first fight for Jones at Heavyweight and there is a lot of marketing potential...

I'm pretty sure Jon was looking to get more money for whatever 'big fight' announcement he had in mind.

He doesn't realize that the UFC have him in their back pocket now, since they went to bat for him with USADA. I'm absolutely sure the UFC could reveal some recent PED test he failed and ruin his career if he doesn't play ball.

Jon has no cards to play, and has to just fight for whatever the UFC are willing to pay him.

I'm pretty sure Jon was looking to get more money for whatever 'big fight' announcement he had in mind.

He doesn't realize that the UFC have him in their back pocket now, since they went to bat for him with USADA. I'm absolutely sure the UFC could reveal some recent PED test he failed and ruin his career if he doesn't play ball.

Jon has no cards to play, and has to just fight for whatever the UFC are willing to pay him.

I agree with this and I think the proof is Jones 500k show for recent title fights, absurdly low.

Good insight. Also, his safe GSP like recent title defenses tell me he's gambling on himself to make up for this lack of pay.

<Gordonhat>

He's fighting Bork

He's too much of a coward to fight a decent HW in their prime

I want Jones VS Ngannou. No contenders at LHW and the HW belt is tied up with the DC/Stipe trilogy.

Jones was teasing a new fight

LHW has literally no one to fight him. According to the rankings:

1. DC: Nope
2. Santos: Has no knees. Will be back next year
3. Smith: No chance of a rematch
4. Reyes: Booked
5. Jan: Booked
6: Gus: Coming of 2 losses.
7. Corey: Booked
8. Volkan: 1-3 in his last 4. No chance
9. Glover: Nope
10. Walker: Booked
11, 12, 13, etc.. nope

MWs: Robert and Izzy are fighting. Romero is not fighting Jones. Costa is going to UFC 243 and will challenge for 185 title.

Does Jones finally goes to HW?

Stipe is supposedly fighting DC next for the trilogy so the title has to be out of the line.

Oh wait... there is one guy there who also hinted at a potential fight.

Hes not going to HW for a non title fight. It makes no sense at all.

He's probably not fighting until next year. So there are plenty of options.

Hes not going to HW for a non title fight. It makes no sense at all.

He's probably not fighting until next year. So there are plenty of options.
i reckon he will for a payday, he said he'd do it for Lesnar

and who wouldn't love Ngannou vs Jones?

Back