So what happens to Mighty Mouse now?

Well deserved instant rematch.

If he doesn’t get a rematch it just shows how bad the UFC has become.

I personally thought Cejudo won decisively, I thought it was really weird when MM was celebrating after the fifth.

MM is injured, the division gonna progress in the meantime and then this conversation will start again.

Rematch with Cejudo?
Move up?
That superfight with TJ would've been his ticket if he only took it and won...
IMO the Cejudo fight was a high risk low reward...
After he recovers from his injury..
- Rematch Cejudo for the title, if Cejudo hasn't fought by then.
- If Cejudo fights before DJ comes back from injury, it will prob be against the Formiga vs Pettis winner. If that is the case then DJ vs Ortiz, or DJ vs Cody for next title shot at 125lbs.

DJ vs TJ wouldn't have been a "superfight", as TJ isn't a draw or well known. Nor would that have been his "ticket", as the UFC wasnt willing to pay DJ more for that fight, and being that it would have prob been a co-main or main event on a Fox card, neither he or TJ would have got ppv points. It would have simply been the 135lb Champ going down a weight class to fight a smaller man for his belt.. Champ vs Champ.

If not immediate rematch, give him Sergio.
Sergio is fighting Formiga next.. winner of that prob gets the next title shot, if DJ is still injured when Cejudo is ready to go next.

Sergio is fighting Formiga next.. winner of that prob gets the next title shot, if DJ is still injured when Cejudo is ready to go next.
Oh right on. That's a winnable fight for Sergio.

If Mighty Mouse isn't ready for a while, why not Cejudo/TJ? Win or lose (probably lose), Henry will still have the FLW belt when MM is ready.

Oh right on. That's a winnable fight for Sergio.

If Mighty Mouse isn't ready for a while, why not Cejudo/TJ? Win or lose (probably lose), Henry will still have the FLW belt when MM is ready.
Doubt Pettis gets by Formiga, Formiga and Ortiz are two of the best at 125 outside of DJ, Cejudo and Joe. Cejudo vs TJ makes no sense at all imo. Cejudo needs to defend the belt, if not fighting DJ next. Plus, TJ said he wouldn't fight Cejudo at 135, as that has no upside for him, he would only fight him at 125, and even then.. the UFC isn't going to do that fight before either one of them defends in their weight class first.

Last edited:
The TJ we saw Saturday would have chewed MM up. Cejudo was the safer gamble. A rematch, imo, would be good.
I think UFC wanted him gone. He won't work with them and
TJ was the surest way to remove him from power. Cejudo was the next safest bet to get the job done and that is why Cejudo took his first opportunity to say "I'm a yes man. I'm different. I'll work with you!".

The surest way to get power from the UFC is via:<DC-Champ>
Might Mouse was dumb for not realizing this and not begging for a champ champ fight, cuz even if he got less money immediately, he would have had power in the long run.

If that's the metric we're using it doesn't make a compelling case for his winning either.
Absolutely agree, the winner could be argued either way. It was one of those fights that was almost dead equal

Back