So the UFC moved literally the worst fight on the card to the PPV?

FootstompShonie

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
8-4 Ryan Benoit versus 3-0 Fredy Serrano, a fight that was supposed to be the first fight pass bout...seriously?

Honestly it's a joke, I feel like not buying this card just out of self-respect. It's insulting to the fans to replace one of the best fights on the card with this no-name fight that's supposed to be on fight pass...and expect them to pay $60 for it.

You have exciting fights like Herman-Krylov, Masvidal-Pearson, hell even Sandoval-Reis is more interesting if they wanted a 125 pound fight.

Is there a worse main card the UFC could have possibly put together?

McCall vs Reis was the fight to make and put on the PPV. No idea what they were thinking.

inb4 Benoit vs Serrano unexpectedly becomes FOTN lol

The card is crap, but Ryan Benoit is really exciting. And Fredy did this one time

tumblr_nll561Lwam1rofocqo1_500.gif

Probably the most vicious KO in flyweight history, and he's one of the most accomplished wrestlers in the UFC.

I haven't bought a card in years.

It's always sports bar night every PPV for me!

Brown/Arzamendia was literally the worst fight. I don't know much about either of them.

Ryan Benoit is the guy who KO'd Sergio Pettis. He's also young and in a thin division so is naturally a bit of a prospect.

Fredy Serrano is the best wrestler in Colombia's history. He's also got a lot of power.

It's a decent fight. Overall the card isn't great. It took a big hit losing Scoggins and McCall

And a bunch of chicks on the co main, hopefully nobody's buying this crap.

Most of Benoit's fights end with finishes, and Serrano has looked pretty good in his UFC tenure. I don't mind.

The entire main card is essentially a Just Bleed fan's delight. Matt Brown, Francisco Rivera, Thug Rose, and Robbie, all on the same card? I'll buy that in a heartbeat. Rivera and Robbie by themselves have been in 4 FOTY candidates within the 2 years or so.

Benoit has a chin and heavy hands and heart. He is no slouch. And that above gif is sick, should be a great fight.

UFC needs more big promotion on the newer guys not milk PPV numbers with worn out names that often need to retire.

Not the end of the world.

I'll still be watching it.

I think they're relying on the power of the main event to carry the card. I haven't even seen them mention the co-main event.

I wonder how many buys this card will do.

They are nothing without Conor.

Fits the bill. Worst PPV in a long time.

Still trying to figure out why Rivera is on the main card

The 3 top fights in the main card and Pearson vs Masvidal are very interesting for me and i also wanna see how Wilson Reis will look, a guy who was suppose to fight Demetrious Johnson.

Still trying to figure out why Rivera is on the main card

Erik Perez. He's Mexican and wears a mask so the UFC think he's marketable. Plus Cisco is pretty entertaining and they owe him for that Faber BS.

It probably has to do with FS2.
Which is funny because most cable providers on the West Coast don't even have the channel, they're more worried about keeping the prelims together than creating a competent main card.

McCall vs Reis was the fight to make and put on the PPV. No idea what they were thinking.

inb4 Benoit vs Serrano unexpectedly becomes FOTN lol
Yeah I agree. UC vs Reis would have been perfect.

Which is funny because most cable providers on the West Coast don't even have the channel, they're more worried about keeping the prelims together than creating a competent main card.

There must be some sort of college sport on FS1.

Back