So the UFC are totally promoting McG as the undisputed champion in their vids now

I missed the time in the vid where they promoted him as an undisputed champ. If true, I am on board with TS. That would be a lie and I would totally be against it.

Can you give me the time in the video where they promote him as the undisputed champ?

he cant.

it didnt happen.

They are not even fighting at the end, TUF just doesnt cut it anymore, they could have whatever feud during the show, no fight at the end anyway.

On the championship topic.....I think he is the only one of the history of interim champions that walks around, displays the belt, and calls himself a champion before winning the real title, i cant really believe he was sort of crying when he beat Chad.

They are not even fighting at the end, TUF just doesnt cut it anymore, they could have whatever feud during the show, no fight at the end anyway.

On the championship topic.....I think he is the only one of the history of interim champions that walks around, displays the belt, and calls himself a champion before winning the real title, i cant really believe he was sort of crying when he beat Chad.

That was a bit strange. Happiest #1 contender I've ever seen.

Pretty gross to show him with the belt calling him the champion etc. It's gross that they even made an interim title fight for him after Aldo fought only 9 months prior.

I have respect for Conor's skills and I have respect for him promoting himself and getting the UFC to give him basically anything he wants.

However the UFC is pathetic for throwing Aldo under the bus and treating Conor like he is the true champion.

It's terrible for me because of the special treatment that Conor gets since it nearly impossible for me to root for him.

It's really Aldo's fault. He is notorious for skipping media, promotions, pulling out of fights at an insane rate. He straight up was outdrawn by Mighty Mouse, who often shares the lowest pulling champion status with him. That versus an entertainment machine, a guy that does the kind of media a champion should before he was ever even interim champion.

Aldo deserves every accolade heaped upon him, every single one. He just straight up does a fraction of business that McGregor does for better or worse. They're a profit based company that wants stars and profits. Aldo provides neither. McGregor provides both. It doesn't matter who wins in the sense that people are still going to watch Conor because he'll keep talking shit (see Sonnen, Chael). It will just be easier to bring people in because they are attracted to champions, no matter what.

oh for sure Aldo is responsible for his popularity (or lack thereof) in comparison to Conor.

Conor has done a masterful job of generating interest in his fights and putting money in the UFC's pockets. Does Aldo "have" to do so too? Of course not...he can just continue to win, if he wants...but consequently he can't complain when UFC gives Conor the push that it has.

Sure it is 'disrespectful' for UFC to push Conor over Aldo, and to make more of this paper belt than it is...but UFC is in the business of growth, making money, etc...not 'respecting champions'.

I still hope Aldo derails the hype train...but wish Conor all the success in the world after that :D

its the ultimate fight circus how is anyone surprised.

recall dana getting so pissed off when jds beat cain? lol

and even the cain werdum rematch--its really nothing more than dana giving cain the chance to do what dana hoped he would in the first place.

UFC showing BIAS towards McG?
that would be a first.

Its now the Connor show not the UFC

When Connor wants something the Ferts and Dana bend over for him.

Well if its undisputed...what's all the fighting about? - George Carlin

Last time I checked he has a title and is a champion, nowhere does it say undisputed champ in that ad.

Interim titles are bullshit. Nobody really considered Werdum the real champion until he beat Cain. And everyone knows who the true LHW champ is (hint: it's not Cormier). Same goes for Condit and Carwin. Do they even announce Condit as the "former UFC welterweight champion of the World"?

Frankly, Dana White's transparent favoritism for certain fighters (Conor and Ronda come to mind) is shameless. Sports organizations should be neutral and shouldn't pick favorites. It makes the UFC look like professional wrestling.

Wow. Couldn't even add in "interim" eh? I mean, it would just take 0,2 seconds.

I don't about you guys but i take this kind of thing seriously. The Championship (especially Aldo's) is too prestigious and should not be treated like a toy.

Truth is you wanted to hear "Interim" in the vid but you didn't hear Interim and decided to introduce your ignorance to the Sherdog World by creating a useless fighter-bash thread.

May GOAT forgive your soul.

jesus_mcgregor-375x195.jpg

Back