• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So... The Khamzat hype train has been derailed

Future of Khamzat

• Total voters
Burns burned the train<Goldie11>
tomas-train.gif

giphy.gif

He wasn’t the MMA cross weight class savior that the sherpuppies hoped he would be. He actually gained a fan in me (I had him losing via KO to Burns and he showed grit and determination that I thought was all talk prior to last nights fight.).

Sherbros just have a propensity to drop to their knees and adorn a new king anytime someone has a schtick. Chimaev is very talented and although I don’t see him beating Usman I’m still pretty high on his skills at this juncture. At the end of the day he’s a welcome addition to the WW top5 which needed some new blood and intriguing matchups.

This just goes to show you need to slow the push on hype-trains

give em more of a chance to come up and get better

so what he dominated a ground guy in stand-up

and Li "The Leech" Jingliang on the ground

its like the complete opposite of what we should of wanted to see imo

i mean great finishes but if Khamzat stood with Li what happens ?

if Khamzat goes to ground with Meeshtard what happens ?

well we know he was not a monster on the feet like expected and he wants no part of ground from Burns

this takes away from the guy who thinks he can destroy everyone.

How ? when he wont even beat them at their own game

we see that now

so slow down give the young man a chance

EXPOSED The entire Khabib fighting group.

As many of us have always said- all it takes is real competition to shatter the aura of invincibility of Khabib and company.

Usman will destroy anyone from the Khabib camp easily.

Poll options suck TS..

He can be champ, but I see him more as a very solid top 2-3 fighter

His striking was exposed, he has nothing special going for him but power.

The overhype has been subdued. The general attitude has gone from him being the one to dethrone Usman to him not being ready yet lol

He proved he's one of the top guys, but that he isn't THE top guy. Not yet at least.

I don’t think it’s been derailed. It’s just that it was ridiculously over the top to begin with. I’ve never seen a collection of people that are such marks. All brainwashing eachother, while being the first person on the train.

Way too many people here live vicariously through the achievements of others. The only thing I chalk it up to is clowns born right around the time the internet was invented. Never competed in any level of sports other than school gym class. No sense of earning what you get, or that cheating is wrong.

This place is bizarre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back