So now that one of our favorite fighters Thiago Santos had CoVid

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Does this mean he cant catch it again, so he wont have to worry about missing anymore fights due to CoVid?

I really want to see Thiago back, as I think he would beat Glover, then have a really good chance against Reyes/Jan winner to claim the title, possibly bringing Jones back to LHW for a rematch

Does the UFC or anyone have a list of all the fighters that already tested positive to CoVid or have antibodies

Maybe we can start giving them more fights, since they wont be as likely to be cancelled

Does this mean he cant catch it again,

No, it doesn't.

Marreta didn't let a torn ACL/MCL/LCL/meniscus stop him from finishing his fight against Jon Jones. Give a couple weeks to rest, and he'll be good to go.

Looking forward to seeing santos come back. With Jones gone Thiago might get on top.

Allegedly they are saying you are safe for ~3 months.

Now whether or not that's accurate, who knows. And I assume that is factoring in mutation of the virus into varying strains, like influenza.

The uncertainty of this thing - at this point- is absolutely crazy and frustrating.
Just think when this was first declared a pandemic...... there were lines and lines of people/ cars waiting to get tested and paying hard $$$ cash for it. Who actually knows how certain those results were .

As it stands now, the chances of him getting it again is extremely small, like one in a million or more. There's only a few global confirmed cases of reinfection, and the patients were mostly asymptomatic the second time around. Unlike influenza, coronavirus is a slow mutating virus, and so far the antigen hasn't gone through a large enough drift to be immune from the current antibody.

Antibody may only last a few months to a couple of years, as seen in similar coronavirus diseases like SARS or MERS, but the memory T cells can last for well over a decade. Memory T cells can ratchet up production of antibody quickly if the body encounters a similar virus/antigen. So even if the antibody level is below detection, our immune system has safeguards in place for a quick response. Flu and cold are different because there are many strains, and the virus family mutates a lot faster.

Last edited:
Back