So, Mark Hunt met up with Saku [PIC]

I think people that want to see Saku vs Penn seriously haven't seen Saku's recent fights. He's in no shape to be taking anymore fights.

I think people that want to see Saku vs Penn seriously haven't seen Saku's recent fights. He's in no shape to be taking anymore fights.

But neither is Penn, really. Even if Rory weren't in the octagon with him, and it was just Penn moving and throwing like that by himself, you'd still see that he now throws slow, ineffectual punches, his head movement is next to gone, he's a plodder (eh, not sure that's really all that new), etc.

Awesomeness on a scale this grand is just too much....I can't take it.

Last edited:
Who's Saku?

this-will-not-end-well-cat.jpg

That's too much awesomeness for any camera to process. I'm surprised it didn't implode.

.. This would actually probably be a good fight.

I still like watching sak and thought he could have still beat zaromskis and won the title if his ear didn't fall off but penn would make very short work of it these days. Sak has to fight guys with little knowledge on the ground he hasn't beat anyone competent on the ground in the last 5 years, one dimensional stand up guys who hopefully dont manhoef him are his best bet. The two recent sub losses shows that he is a bit too far past it now, they would never have happened even 5 years ago let alone in his prime where it would be unthinkable.

I love the guy and if he wants to fight let him but he is well over 10 years past his prime, more beat up than anyone in mma not training and still smoking like a chimney. He would still beat matt riddle though.

But neither is Penn, really. Even if Rory weren't in the octagon with him, and it was just Penn moving and throwing like that by himself, you'd still see that he now throws slow, ineffectual punches, his head movement is next to gone, he's a plodder (eh, not sure that's really all that new), etc.

I guess if Saku could avoid being hit for like a minute penn would probably gas and saku could beat him up, I just don't want to see Saku get submitted again. Penn would be better than his last opponent though

I still like watching sak and thought he could have still beat zaromskis and won the title if his ear didn't fall off but penn would make very short work of it these days. Sak has to fight guys with little knowledge on the ground he hasn't beat anyone competent on the ground in the last 5 years, one dimensional stand up guys who hopefully dont manhoef him are his best bet. The two recent sub losses shows that he is a bit too far past it now, they would never have happened even 5 years ago let alone in his prime where it would be unthinkable.

I love the guy and if he wants to fight let him but he is well over 10 years past his prime, more beat up than anyone in mma not training and still smoking like a chimney. He would still beat matt riddle though.

Yeah, the best case scenario is for him to be retired. Now if we could just keep Pulver retired..

I'm a diehard Saku fan and you're right, he shouldn't take any more punishment, but if he's hell bent on it and wants a high profile fight, then I wouldn't be upset with that one.

Back