So many new contenders in welterweight division - who will be future king?

Charnel2500

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Last year was one of the best in Welterweight division. Now we have a lot of new contenders.

We have:
-Woodley;
-Usman;
-Till;
-Thompson;
-Covington;
(maybe RDA, but he lost to Colby)
(maybe GSP if he want back to welterweight division)
One year ago we had only Thompson who destroyed everyone except Woodley and champ - Woodley.
Now we have a many top guys and all of them have a chance to be number one.

What do you think who is the best from these five fighters and can be a champ for a while?

Till and Usman catch my eye the most. Still #nerdbash2018 time though.

Tbh Cody. Dude is such a gronk and never watched him fight until RDA. Dudes relentless, little bit cage stalling but I think that pressure style could beat anyone.

giphy.gif

Ed Ruth brings over his Bellator title and takes over the UFC next.

Somebody needs to sit down with Wondergirl and teach him how to get a killer instinct. Driving the short bus and coaching children is cool and will get him some down south pussy for sure but let's be real. If he wants to be Tyronda or not have a hug fest with Darren Till he needs to get some fucking game. Thompson needs to find a new camp or go on a DMT trip or something. He has the skillset to be a murderer but there isn't a killer or champion mindset. It's like Dana White said about Francis Ngannou, you look at him and if you could control him in a video game you could destroy anyone.

Colby will be coming back and too bad he and Tyquil didn't get to do Ultimate Fighter that would have been an awesome season. But as a huge Whittaker fan, I'm not tripping.

As for my favorite fighter in that division despite being about that #NerdBash2018 life, Platinum Perry. That dude has amazing potential I think and being fearless and crazy as fuck will certainly yield him respect. Whether Perry gets a belt or not, he always a fighter I see on a roster and think I can't wait to see what he gonna do. Perry needs his own reality show ffs in case fighting doesn't materialize like he wants it to. If Thompson had Perry's mentality/confidence he would be the best in the division easy.

woodley keeps his belt

I think this is the case for the near future but who knows, he's coming off surgery and not getting any younger.

I'm curious to see which of the current top guys agrees to fight Usman first.

It's weird because to me that is not a very inspiring list of prospects....

Back