So Jim Rome and Joe Rogan will start calling the fights

Joe is only doing North American PPV's. No clue how much longer he even does this.

Plus it's not expected until June or something. We're going to get Anik PPV's. <{clintugh}>

Awful. Jim Rome is a douche. They're going to find out the hard way that you just can't take a famous radio guy and just throw him on a UFC broadcast with Joe Rogan. I bet this will be an epic fail.

Man...

I started listening to Rome when a sports station back in Canada, picked up the syndication. This was about 2001-2002.

I thought the guy was hilarious. But he became old really fast.

I would not have made this call. But there are new owners, and they call the shots.

I just hope it works out better than I'm expecting. I'll give Rome a few cards to get acclimated. And try not to bring a biased opinion of his performance based on my thoughts of him in the past.

It is what it is... Gotta give the guy a shot.

hey assbag, please delete your comment.
FU mine was first
wenDMsv.png

Still no confirmation on this or what?

Also Rome is going to be the guy introducing Corn Nuts, corn to the core, and coming up with random stats like Fighter A hasn't seen the bottom half of a live chicken in seven years. Joe would be doing the actual fight part and lord knows Goldie isn't super great at that either. I mean he fucked up Michelle Waterson's name with it plastered all over the arena.

Jim Rome is the biggest goddamn douchebag in all of sports media which is a phenomenal accomplishment considering the likes of Steven A. Smith, Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd, etc.

This is a fucking tragedy.

Lulz. I like Jim and I've listened to him for years. But he has no business in an mma broadcast booth. I know this move makes business sense because he is a big name and has a big following, but he doesn't know shit about mma. And listening to him fawn over Conor on his show is cringeworthy as fuck.

Well, just like everything else. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Pretty much this for me, I've listened to Rome for years on the radio but this is a BAD fucking idea. I used to get excited when Rome would talk mma or have a fighter on, but this was back in the day when you got excited that mma would get ANY mainstream attention. I listened a while back when he had Dana on and was talking Conor, made me throw up in my mouth a little..

At least Joe Rogan, with his martial arts background, can protect Jim from the other Jim:

This is the douche? Damn... Why would you bring someone like that in.

I don't know the story behind that interview and the whole "chris" thing, but that Jim Rome guy deserved to get his ass kicked. What a smug douche.

Hang in there bud. Conor cant keep getting away with this!
Idk.
It's got far more to do with the company permitting it.
They'll make sure everything looks nice and gets hyped, but the the product will be suspect and the belts are worthless

This is the douche? Damn... Why would you bring someone like that in.

I don't know the story behind that interview and the whole "chris" thing, but that Jim Rome guy deserved to get his ass kicked. What a smug douche.

It seems like he was. But he doesn't look like he's quite the same guy anymore. Everyone matures.

I'm 27 now and barely comparable to how I was at 15-16.

Jim Rome is the biggest goddamn douchebag in all of sports media which is a phenomenal accomplishment considering the likes of Steven A. Smith, Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd, etc.

This is a fucking tragedy.
2nd biggest - you forgot Conor.

The UFC really is such a dogshit, diluted, poorly manufactured, embarrassing product now.

Rome is a piece of shit.

This is what happens when the Fertittas bail and you leave Dana to run the whole thing

Jesus Christ I never thought they'd get rid of Mike fucking Goldberg and I'd be pissed about it

Jim Rome is still pissed at Mav for what he did to Goose. Thats OK in my book.

Jim Rome wasn't pro MMA until after the sport started getting big. Conor / Ronda casual fans are helping the sport grow.

How are fans who are helping our sport grow, worse than DNB's like Jim Rome who are jumping on the MMA band-wagon?

jim Rome has a huge following. What does it matter when he got into it? It's not like Goldie had a wealth of knowledge. Conor has brought the "keeping up with the kardashians" crew. They care more about his grooming and clothing than they do about fighting.

I'm not saying all of them are like that but they're out there.

I'd rather they had Joey Diaz and Eddie Bravo joining Rogan at the desk.

Rome is a piece of shit.

This is what happens when the Fertittas bail and you leave Dana to run the whole thing

Jesus Christ I never thought they'd get rid of Mike fucking Goldberg and I'd be pissed about it
Dana has done more good than bad, but I see your point. Kind of like how he had a serious boner for James Toney, so much that he convinced the UFC to let that fat dude fight Couture. One and done pony show that set the UFC back a few years lulz.

Back