so i've been playing around with the turtle guard...

good grips

White Belt
Reaction score
for a couple of training sessions doing nothing else and its AWESOME:D

everything i've been practising comes from eduardo telles dvd's,,im sweeping people all the time to left and right lol

so after doing this i've found out two things

*how defensive i used to be in turtle position (not attackin at all, only trying to recover guard/halfguard)

*how alot of people have a bad base while attacking the turtle

this is what i love about jiu jitsu, so much stuff to work on and learn

Must be awesome training with De La Riva.

I love telles' game. So calm and confident in the turtle position. I tried to watch his DVD once but fell asleep from boredom. Guess I shoul try watching again.

Sounds awesome. What are his DVDs called? I've swept several people using only the sweep he does in the GQ 2000-something DVD.

Must be awesome training with De La Riva.

i feel very honored to have him as my professor, fantastic person and trainer

I love telles' game. So calm and confident in the turtle position. I tried to watch his DVD once but fell asleep from boredom. Guess I shoul try watching again.

lol yea i think its like 5 hours long,,but it's just full of techniques on very little talking which i like..yea his turtle game is sick and unique

Sounds awesome. What are his DVDs called? I've swept several people using only the sweep he does in the GQ 2000-something DVD.

its called "Turtle Guard", contains loads of good attacks and good explenation of the whole concept, im sure you'll add several sweeps and variations to your game from turtle position

Last edited:
I love turtle guard too. In fact, it's my favorite position on the bottom.

Cool, just keep in mind that a reversal from turtle position doesn't get you the 2 points for a sweep because "turtle guard" is not considered a "guard" at all in BJJ rules.

Back