So, is fighter bashing pretty much OK now?

swope

Bumba war.
@purple
Reaction score
It seems like its been ages since I saw anyone get double yellow'd for fighter bashing, but in almost every busy thread I see three or four white to orange belts calling such and such fighter (and occasionally such and such sherdog member) a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/cheater/"dirty mexican"/what have you..

I caught double yellows after UFN1 for bashing Goldie for chrissakes, and Ive seen people with thousands of posts who have been here for longer than I knew this site existed banned for consderably less bullshit than the latest crop of new members pull on literally an hourly basis.

This will probably get moved to another forum but hopefully not before some of more senior members either publically agree or publically tell me Im wrong..

Very good question!

vote for -= ISO =- to be made a mod, I'll ban 3 white belts on average per day for fighter bashing, or you can demote me!...hell, I'll ban myself

-= ISO =- said:
Very good question!

vote for -= ISO =- to be made a mod, I'll ban 3 white belts on average per day for fighter bashing, or you can demote me!

I would literally donate hardware to this site if they made you a mod.

I'm all for Mod Gestapo tactics.

swope said:
I would literally donate hardware to this site if they made you a mod.

Yeah same here. Not that I got any problems with the current mods at all, in fact I think they do a good job usually. Just that we need a few more of them.

I have absolutely no problems with the mods, and I dont blame them for not wanting to suffer through the bullshit on a lot of these threads looking for the worst offenders, but something really should be done.

I dont even see mods posting that much anymore. Its like they basically gave up.

I'm glad. Fighter bashing should be ok. We should be able to say whatever we want to say, even if it is rather unintelligent.

-= ISO =- said:
Very good question!

vote for -= ISO =- to be made a mod, I'll ban 3 white belts on average per day for fighter bashing, or you can demote me!...hell, I'll ban myself

I'd vote for ya!!!

I believe I've stated this before, but I'm not exactly new to Forums at all (been a two year forum browser) and I've been viewing Sherdog's forums for about 5 months now, unregistered. During the time I've been around, I've seen some of the most idiotic members verbally attack Pro Fighters and even other members of Sherdog. To myself, I questioned the validity of their reasons for doing so, and I couldn't find any valid reason. Than, I see some of the most intelligent members slapped with Double Yellow Cards. Members who have contributed to this site with over 1,000 intellectual posts with double yellow cards while others who have done much less decent contributing and much more spamming, bashing and such are untouched? That sounds a bit out of order to me. To be honest, I'm not even sure why I'm walking about these forums with Double Yellow Cards, and when I was first made aware that they were given to me, I was a bit pissed. STILL not knowing why I have them, I continue to post and contribute my opinion with an optimistic viewpoint on the Sherdog forums and continue to see the "better" members slapped with these warnings. It perplexes me to no end, and that's the truth.

fearthesuplex said:
I'm glad. Fighter bashing should be ok. We should be able to say whatever we want to say, even if it is rather unintelligent.

i just dont agree. the quality of a forum can be measured by the quality of posts there. after every TUF season, after every UFN, we see a tremendous number of children show up here and look to get attention they dont get from their parents by being the biggest assholes on the block. it gets worse and worse. and its not just fucking up the quality of posts, its actually affecting the site itself.

when half a dozen threads pop up immediately after leben v rivera claiming that it was a work because rivera didnt brush off getting punched square in the chin by one of the heaviest hitters in his weight class, the impact on the site effects us all in the form of downtime, searches being disabled, slow servers, etc.

when you have new members calling diego sanchez a "dirty mexican" with total impunity from consequence, the grownups on this site throw up their hands and walk away, which deprives us all of valuable resources for knowledge.

it sucks dude, seriously, and internet communities arent about giving up and sinking to the lowest common denominator. not the ones that last at least.

swope said:
It seems like its been ages since I saw anyone get double yellow'd for fighter bashing, but in almost every busy thread I see three or four white to orange belts calling such and such fighter (and occasionally such and such sherdog member) a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/cheater/"dirty mexican"/what have you..

I caught double yellows after UFN1 for bashing Goldie for chrissakes, and Ive seen people with thousands of posts who have been here for longer than I knew this site existed banned for consderably less bullshit than the latest crop of new members pull on literally an hourly basis.

This will probably get moved to another forum but hopefully not before some of more senior members either publically agree or publically tell me Im wrong..

You're correct with everything you say, except for stating it's white to orange belts. It's everyone who's doing this.... and it sucks.

swope said:
i just dont agree. the quality of a forum can be measured by the quality of posts there. after every TUF season, after every UFN, we see a tremendous number of children show up here and look to get attention they dont get from their parents by being the biggest assholes on the block. it gets worse and worse. and its not just fucking up the quality of posts, its actually affecting the site itself.

when half a dozen threads pop up immediately after leben v rivera claiming that it was a work because rivera didnt brush off getting punched square in the chin by one of the heaviest hitters in his weight class, the impact on the site effects us all in the form of downtime, searches being disabled, slow servers, etc.

when you have new members calling diego sanchez a "dirty mexican" with total impunity from consequence, the grownups on this site throw up their hands and walk away, which deprives us all of valuable resources for knowledge.

it sucks dude, seriously, and internet communities arent about giving up and sinking to the lowest common denominator. not the ones that last at least.

My friend, that is a fantastic post.

im a fighter and no its not espcially by keyboard tough guys,cause most ppl dont know what it takes to be in there

Fighter bashing is when someone says something innappropriate or untrue.
EXAMPLE of FTR-BASHING-- CABBAGE is fatter and gayer than louie Anderson!
Not fighter Bashing-- Cabbage should have retired after fighting Tank, he just isnt that good
This site is already a little silly and obsessive about some fighters, taking away peoples right to poke fun of fighters a little will cause this site to border on homoeroticism!!

I got double yellowed because I started a BS thread about Danas big announcement on UFN3.
It was pretty funny actaully, I said there was going to an American Gladiator style tournament, then Vince Mcmahon would interupt him midsentence etc..etc.... It was pretty funny really, but I should not have started a thread with the crap, but I learned my lesson.

swope said:

Do you need a tissue????

it was too strict before...theres a line u cant cross.....that line was just pushed forward where it should be......they arent gods...they are just fighters....u should be able to bash them to a certain extent

Back