So is Bareknuckle Fighting more 'badass' than the UFC

UFC is old fashioned. Bare knuckle is for the new generation of combat enthusiasts.

No but it’s a lot trashier looking that’s for sure

I watch it and enjoy it. My only concern is the damage it does to the fighters hands. Krazy Horse (Felony) Bennett couldn’t continue from how bad he damaged his hand. This seems to be a theme there.

We’ve heard of guys breaking their hands with boxing gloves on. Bare knuckle is just brutal.

Nothing badass about it to me. Less entertaining than boxing in every single way, which itself is less entertaining than MMA.

Its pretty awful. 2 minute rounds, tentative fighters who become more tentative because their hands get fucked up. Tons of clinching. The novelty will wear off very quickly.

It's the biggest joke of all combat sports. Full of gatekeepers And journeymen who couldn't cut it in MMA or boxing. no disrespect to the fighters whatsoever, but this whole promotion is a joke. Has a slimey feel to it. Just my 2 cents.

needs more kicks and elbows
And more submissions and takedowns and flying knees and headkick KOs.

And LMAO at the idea that bareknuckle boxing is in any way more "badass" than MMA. MMA is much closer to an actual fight, much more dangerous, and much more interesting than bareknuckle boxing.

Bareknuckle MMA, now THAT is badass.

Trolling on you 2002 account. Nice

Im a ground game fan.

With that said if it was bare knuckle kickboxing it would be a closer second.

Skip to 4:15

giphy.gif

Happiest that guy has ever been

It’s certainly more bad, that’s for sure.

No, it's just full of fighters who couldn't make it in MMA.
And MMA is full of fighters who couldn't make it in boxing or other major sports

I mean, guys like Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle who were elite wrestlers in their prime, even chose WWE over MMA. What's your point?

Fighters shouldn't be scared to throw hands
Then it's good

As far as combat sports go its hard to outdo taking shins, knees and elbows in the face, having your limbs hyperextended/snapped, being choked out, thrown and punched/elbowed in the head while on your back.

Just to take a moment and dwell in the all around awesomeness that is bareknuckle fighting.
No denying it is a badass sport, and the level of interest and excitement generated easily surpassed alot of UFC events.

Obviously MMA is more well rounded. But not everyone it seems can take bareknuckle.
Leben said he had never been punched harder, altho Andersons knee was harder this was being punched repeatedly in the face.
Hendricks was a warrior in all his mma career and went toe to toe with friggin Lawler (Lawler in bareknuckle...oh yes) but went down like sack of shit from one bareknuckle punch to the face.

Yes it is crude, bloody and brutal but it has a history and will evolve into a welcome addition to the combat sports world.

Also this old guy and his vids on bare knuckle are interesting and funny at the same time.

Bareknucking boxing is 1800s boxing. It's not more "badass". Many people on this thread could have contended for the HW title when bareknuckle boxing was last a serious thing(not sure if there's Sullivan or Corbett footage) they were just guys fighting. It ain't it's own sport it's boxing pre gloves. It's like having football players take their helmets off and calling it headsmash or something.

Bareknuckle is badass in the sense being stupid for the sake of being stupid is bad ass. Yeah you're such a bad ass for barely being able to hit each other without risking your hands breaking.

As far as combat sports go its hard to outdo taking shins, knees and elbows in the face, having your limbs hyperextended/snapped, being choked out, thrown and punched/elbowed in the head while on your back.
It gets ruined by people exploiting the rules and stalling against the fence etc. That being said bareknuckle is unnecessary. Fighter takes too much damage

Yes, in a way
But there is always the option of lay n pray or wall n stall in mma whereas there is no letup in bare knuckle.
Even a dancing avoiding bitch like malinaggi got fucked up in a few seconds of clinch.

When guys go toe to toe in boxing they may hold and stall.
In mma, if one gets hurt in the exchange they will usually go for a take down look at mcregor -nate or numerous other examples it is the norm and allowed by the rules.

There is really no option to hide and old in bare knuckle either in clinch or on the ground

I can honestly say Cochrane - Leben was one of the most badass and brutal fights I have ever seen in any sport full stop.

Wish it was more barekuckle muay thai style fighting. Knees, kicks and hellbows would push it over the top into ultimate badass territory. It would also make it more attractive to broke former mma fighters. Which is great for building the brand.

Back