So is Adesanya still a pillowfisted point fighter?

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This was the narrative before the fight, I made a thread about Gastelum struggling against anybody that isn't old and coming off of a loss but apparently he was going to ko Adesanya... 5-3 against dudes coming off of wins now, 3 of those 5 by split decision, 1 by sub and 1 by UD and now has a UD loss in which he got his ass beat.

Gastelum was supposed to be the one doing the damage but was lucky the ref didn't stop it in rd 5, doesn't Gastelum have a good chin? How was this so called pillow fisted fighter able to drop him multiple times and rock him every time he hit him clean?

Now I'm still picking Whittaker but come on, I mean I clearly like to rip on Gastelum for being overrated but don't start calling him a fat welterweight after saying he would knock Adesanya out cold.

It's called "accumulation."

lol yeah i've been noticing a lot of people flame gastelum and say 'adesanya should have won that, he has the size advantage', when more than half this forum were picking gastelum to win by KO.

Kinda reminds me of how people reacted to Conor when he kept winning. You have the guy who's going to end the hype once and for all, when they lose they're bums and overrated. Classic sherdog really

Both guys did what they do.. i voted kelvin via ko or adesanya via decision..

Great fight, respect to both guys!

This was the narrative before the fight, I made a thread about Gastelum struggling against anybody that isn't old and coming off of a loss but apparently he was going to ko Adesanya... 5-3 against dudes coming off of wins now, 3 of those 5 by split decision, 1 by sub and 1 by UD and now has a UD loss in which he got his ass beat.

Gastelum was supposed to be the one doing the damage but was lucky the ref didn't stop it in rd 5, doesn't Gastelum have a good chin? How was this so called pillow fisted fighter able to drop him multiple times and rock him every time he hit him clean?

Now I'm still picking Whittaker but come on, I mean I clearly like to rip on Gastelum for being overrated but don't start calling him a fat welterweight after saying he would knock Adesanya out cold.

Pillow fist that could not finish a midget

It’s pretty clear after last night that Israel showed Anderson more respect than we initially thought.

“This was the narrative before the fight...”

One narrative by one small subset of fans.

Grow up, already. Jesus. Is this tit for tat forum ping pong really what consumes you?

It’s pretty clear after last night that Israel showed Anderson more respect than we initially thought.
Well, I said It from the beginning. lol. That fight had sparring match written all over It. Very much like the DC fight.

Adesanya is a stud. I don't like the guy and wanted to see him KOed, but the man has heart. All else is subjective. Hespect.

“This was the narrative before the fight...”

One narrative by one small subset of fans.

Grow up, already. Jesus. Is this false narrative tit for tat really what consumes you?
Well, at least half of people were going with Kelvin by KO or sub. I'd imagine those are the same people claiming he was some bloated midget WW now. Those sort of fans should definitely bother people.

MMA probably has the worst fanbase In all of sports

Fuck you man!! Bunch of c-level athletes who's too dumb to do anything but getting punched for a living..

Any american football guy with 6 months of training would wipe his ass with cormier..

It's called "accumulation."
The hardest style for a short fighter to deal with... and the guy can fight and he was hurt by Gastelum too, so it's what it is. A 6'4" fighter had the tactical advantage and was able to use it against a very game Gastelum. An excellent fight. To get inside Izzy, a fighter needs longer legs, and too chop him down a bit and then we will see how Izzy does. He's a fine fighter... but he's no Michael Bisping <sarcasm>

Nah NFL diehards are way worse.

How so? NFL diehards stay with their team no matter what - they dont wake up Monday screaming their favorite team is soft after one loss looking for someone new to champion their pathetic lives

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back