• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

So im gonna change my glasses

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
not only im gonna change the lenses but i need to buy a new frame as well, what type of frame should i buy? What is fashionable nowadays?

Need to see your face to suggest what might suit really.

Granny glasses are new fashionable trend

I rock one of these ...

source.gif

not only im gonna change the lenses but i need to buy a new frame as well, what type of frame should i buy? What is fashionable nowadays?

As @fingercuffs said, there's no way of telling without a photo to judge by. And even that will be a sketchy way of picking a frame as many times what you think will look good on you doesn't work when you try them on.

As @fingercuffs said, there's no way of telling without a photo to judge by. And even that will be a sketchy way of picking a frame as many times what you think will look good on you doesn't work when you try them on.
I like these for you for instance, and Heston, but it depends on hair and facial structure.
Heston-Blumenthal.jpg

Frames are very expensive, therefore it would make sense to use sharp wire and just thread it under the skin in front of your ears, and then have it poke out next to your eyes (note, not through your eyes). The frames should be pure silver so as not cause infection.

The lenses should be dome shaped and glued directly onto the skin around the eyes. Use a strong bonding agent that is certified safe to be used near your eyes but be sure to only apply it your skin, NOT the eyeball itself. The bonding agent will last approximately 12 months, after which time your lenses will fall off in the shower, just in time for your new prescription.

If you only get a new prescription every 24 months just have your frames spot weldes to your lenses by a qualified lens welder. The lenses themselves will provide protection for your eyes during this process. When it is time for lens/frame separation your eye doctor can use his grinding tool to break the spot welds.

Please post pics when done.

I like these for you for instance, and Heston, but it depends on hair and facial structure.
View attachment 818441

Those for me? Really? They're actually not too far from what my last frames looked like. So good job. :)

Of course, now I've got two artificial lenses courtesy of my surgeries back in June. So, I no longer need glasses except for a pair of half-readers that I need when on my laptop, reading, or doing anything up close.

View attachment 818441

And as a bald man I can assure you, this gentleman needs a bit more facial hair. I've seen bald guys that are clean shaven and have really subtle frames and they have nothing framing their face. I wear prescription wayfarers but have a giant beard so it works to not look washed out.

Go for something a bit more prominent, whomever your optician is ask them if they do an online tool where you can upload your picture and virtually try different lenses. Or if not, find another place that does? Really worth looking into.
Those for me? Really? They're actually not too far from what my last frames looked like. So good job. :)

Of course, now I've got two artificial lenses courtesy of my surgeries back in June. So, I no longer need glasses except for a pair of half-readers that I need when on my laptop, reading, or doing anything up close.
I know what you look like, MFAM, both nice looking blokes who can pull off prominent looking glasses without it looking like you're trying to make a statement.

I'm no expert on fashion but I'm pretty sure that the wireframes have to go, bro. I think things have trended away from those toward plastic frames.

I used to be a wireframes guy too up until a few years back when my daughter asked me to try some more fashionable plastic frames. I was very hesitant to do so but acquiesced to her & she was right. I found a pair that I liked pretty quickly & never looked back. So, keep an open mind.

And as a bald man I can assure you, this gentleman needs a bit more facial hair. I've seen bald guys that are clean shaven and have really subtle frames and they have nothing framing their face. I wear prescription wayfarers but have a giant beard so it works to not look washed out.
He's the best molecular gastronomist on the planet, how dare you besmirch him!! I think he's a really nice looking guy and my husband knows I will divorce him if he gets rid of his beard which is about the same length as my hair....which is pretty long and not been cut in over a year.
Love Heston, I know I definitely wilt a bit with great chefs though so I might have rose tinteds on.

Go for something a bit more prominent, whomever your optician is ask them if they do an online tool where you can upload your picture and virtually try different lenses. Or if not, find another place that does? Really worth looking into.

I know what you look like, MFAM, both nice looking blokes who can pull off prominent looking glasses without it looking like you're trying to make a statement.

Stop or you'll make me blush. <45>

Back