So if Woodley beats till..

Past Hughes? No...
Racism? No..
Till is a funny dude and a great fighter, but in no way is he the difference between GOOD or GOAT.

People so in a rush to make the next win the catapult for everyone. GOATs are established over climbs to the the title followed by long title reigns against varied opponents.

To read this board virtually every current champ is the GOAT or in the discussion. It’s silly.

It would be impressive to finish him, but in reality who is Till? Given his performances against Wonderboy I don't really see him near the top 5 all time to be honest.
These sort of comments
tumblr_mv01el3poz1sl9baeo1_400.gif

Where does that put him all time in WW.. I think that puts him past lawler and Hughes. Or are we racist to think otherwise

That's not gonna happen, Till will kick his ass and take the belt he never deserved

Where does that put him all time in WW.. I think that puts him past lawler and Hughes. Or are we racist to think otherwise
Why are people so obsessed with ranking a fighter amongst the GOATs everytime there is a fight that is coming up or has just happened?

Seriously, who fuckin cares.

Woodley isn't even near Hughes level. Dude has 3 of the worst title defenses in the history of the sport.

- First defence was a draw.
- Second defence was a close decision against the same guy.
- Third defence was a win against a 40 year old who is past his prime. Broke the record of least shots thrown in a championship fight I believe.

Not to mention, some of the most boring fights to be ever witnessed.

he looked like sh*t against Maia just like Maia looked like sh*t against Woodley. Against Thompson he looked hesitant to pull the trigger aswell hence the first fight being a draw and the second fight him not showing us a dominant performance. Every time he did pull the trigger however Wonderboy was on his butt.

I think every sane mma fan sees the potentional in Woodley. he just has to show it and untill then Hughes was and still is the better champion in my books.
A bit late to start showing potential. He's 36.

I doubt Woodley will even end his career on Hughes level. It's not impossible, but he's still far from that. One thing is for sure, he is light years away and not even remotely close to matching GSP's.

Even the most dominant win over till (who is as untested as Francis was but getting similarly overhyped) leaves him behind Hughes and gsp.

But Woodley certainly has time on his hands to catch them if he continues to defend the title.

Even the most dominant win over till (who is as untested as Francis was but getting similarly overhyped) leaves him behind Hughes and gsp.

But Woodley certainly has time on his hands to catch them if he continues to defend the title.
Woodley wouldn't be able to catchup to GSP's resume even if he had 10 years left in his career.

He would be up there with Hughes imo.

GSP is way ahead though.

Also Woodley needs some really impressive showings. Recently he has been doing the minimum to win.
As opposed to what, laying on guys and grinding out painfully boring decisions?

That's the WW champ requirement.

No question of his greatness. But he’s a step behind Hughes and GSP

It puts Woodley in as the frontrunner right behind Hughes.

He's not nearly young or active enough to catch GSP.

Lawler, OK. Hughes, not even close. I actually like Woodley and never really liked Hughes, but you can't deny what Hughes accomplished. Woodley still has some work to do to catch up to him.

LOL. Woodley isn't beating Till. Till will make him look worse than Nate Marquardt and Rory McDonald did.

If Woodley beats Till we will all say Till was never any good and that Tyron will have to beat Colby to gain respect.

It doesn't mean much at all. Till has everything to gain here. If Tyrun wins, he beat an unexperienced up&comer.

Tyrun really hasn't done anything to aspire greatness, when you look at his career. He is a man who has come a long way and earned his place as champion. That is a very different story than the GOATs.

Past Lawler, not past Hughes.

I think people forget how dominant Hughes was back then.

Back