So if Palhares got banned from the UFC, then Tony Lopez should be banned from MMA

TheDreamCrusher

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Tony Lopezs move was 10 times more scumbag than Palhares, I hope they don't let him fight again.
Anyone have any updates on what the commission will do to him?

Ortiz/Bader
Penn/Pulver
Babalu/Heath

Hmph, I guess the UFC only releases people for late subs if they're Brazilian.

Pretty sure that Lopez was indefinitely suspended by the California State Athletic Commission, which is his home state and where most of his fights are held. Other commissions also tend to honor other states' suspensions, so I doubt we'll see him fight anytime soon. Especially nearing age 40, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last we see of Lopez. Good riddance.

Are you going to keep bring up past fights and compare them to Palhares

Tony Lopezs move was 10 times more scumbag than Palhares, I hope they don't let him fight again.
Anyone have any updates on what the commission will do to him?

Lopez got 3 months and a $2500 fine. i think he deserved more, but whatever.

I hope the President of MMA is reading this thread and takes your advice.

You're right, he should.

Lopez only got 3 months suspension?? I thought his punishment was much more severe.

Pretty sure that Lopez was indefinitely suspended by the California State Athletic Commission, which is his home state and where most of his fights are held. Other commissions also tend to honor other states' suspensions, so I doubt we'll see him fight anytime soon. Especially nearing age 40, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last we see of Lopez. Good riddance.

thats what i remember reading

You're right, he should.

Lopez only got 3 months suspension?? I thought his punishment was much more severe.

thats what i remember reading

3 months is what he got. the "indefinitely suspended" was only until the hearing. at the hearing he got 3 months and $2500

Ortiz/Bader
Penn/Pulver
Babalu/Heath

Babalu bragged about punishing Heath and Palhares has a history of doing this, not his first offense.

Also need to consider the times, Fox deal, Culinary union going after the UFC. Stuff like this is ammunition for critics to say this sport is barbaric and UFC doesnt care that guys break the rules etc.

They didnt have that when BJ/Pulver fought.

I'm also sick of people comparing shit. So nothing can change? So because the UFC let something slide years ago or let a twitter comment slide or a joke slide means they can never put their foot down and say enough is enough? From today on things are different, you make rape jokes you are fined or cut etc. Cause they do that and the first thing is but Forrest didnt get cut or fined.

So I guess the UFC can never change, can never punish a fighter, cut, suspend anyone.

3 months is what he got. the "indefinitely suspended" was only until the hearing. at the hearing he got 3 months and $2500

that is some shit... especially since the guy admitted on camera he did it for malicious reasons and it was by no means a mistake.

palhares shouldnt have been cut, or even in trouble, its not his fault that ref went retard mode

Ortiz/Bader
Penn/Pulver
Babalu/Heath

Babalu admitted to doing it in his post-fight speech. Also Penn and Ortiz had ONE offense. Palhares had four in MMA alone, and a couple in jiu-jitsu competition. It's much different, not to mention he was on an even shorter leash after getting popped for steroids in his last fight.

I am curious if all the other fighters, that had held a submission too long have got warned or fined by the UFC ie. Mir for letting Lesnar tap 5 times, before letting go.

I am curious if all the other fighters, that had held a submission too long have got warned or fined by the UFC ie. Mir for letting Lesnar tap 5 times, before letting go.

Palhares has done it 4 time in MMA.

The UFC shouldn't have a fighter like that on their roster.

iirc mir didn't hold it past when the ref stepped in right?

Back