So I watched Julianna Pena get arrested last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
In North America many people who identify with Native might have very little Native descent.
This is the case in Latin America too sometimes, but it's more likely that genetically you are predominantly Native yet you don't identify with that ethnicity. Natives in North America look different from Natives in South America etc.
I don't live in North America, South America or any other America. You don't have to live somewhere to know things.

And BTW since you say she's mostly white and many whites can get pretty tanned up, she live's and trains in the Pacific North West, it's not South Florida.

This guy described himself as Afro-Venezuelan
hugochavez01.jpg

One of my female friends father was a half breed, Scottish and Peoria tribe, there mother is Irish, she is 25% native. She is darker then Penna. Genetically the natives of South American and North America are very close together. One of the things the tribes like to spend a lot of time looking at are their origins.

These are not people who say they are part Indian, these are people who live and tribal land and get headrights. We know how much native these people are by their headright, there are quite of few of my friends are 15/16 th native. A lot of these people don't care that much about identity and others do but they can document there ratio of native blood and do so for benefit purposes.

A headright is listed on their tribal rolls because it determines how much benefit they get from the Government for being native. Sure there are a lot of people with trace amounts but here and in the Dakotas the ratios are higher. I live there the government relocated a large number of tribes, there are more natives here than any other part of the country and they make up the majority here.

These five tribes were top hat wearing plantation owning slave owners. The Confederacy treated the African's horribly but not the Natives, they owned plantations along side the White folk. That makes these five tribes genetically different in a slight way than the other tribes.

A lot of what you read in anthropology books is stuff the tribes made up, I have watched it happen. A university wants to study native culture so the tribe messes with them by thinking up elaborate cultural legends and tells the visitors what they want to hear.

You don't know squat about the Natives here.

Last edited:
One of my female friends father was a half breed, Scottish and Peoria tribe, there mother is Irish, she is 25% native. She is darker then Penna. Genetically the natives of South American and North America are very close together. One of the things the tribes like to spend a lot of time looking at are their origins.

These are not people who say they are part Indian, these are people who live and tribal land and get headrights. We know how much native these people are by their headright, there are quite of few of my friends are 15/16 th native. A lot of these people don't care that much about identity and others do but they can document there ratio of native blood and do so for benefit purposes.

A headright is listed on their tribal rolls because it determines how much benefit they get from the Government for being native. Sure there are a lot of people with trace amounts but here and in the Dakotas the ratios are higher. I live there the government relocated a large number of tribes, there are more natives here than any other part of the country and they make up the majority here.
Not continuing on this anymore but since you live in Native lands, have you ever heard of a term 'Findian'? I'm from Finland, half Finnish, half ethnic Karelian. Many Finns were taken to the New Sweden colony because they had survival skills better than those of "civilized Europeans". Many also immigrated later to find work, farm land or to escape political unrest (19th and early 20th century) and settled in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Minnesota and neighbouring areas in the Canadian side of the border. The Finns lived in harmony with the nature and their customs, attire and way of life was much closer to the Natives than to the Europeans. I've read that a lot of mixing between Finns and Natives happened in these regions and some Finns were assimilated to local Native communities and vice versa

Not continuing on this anymore but since you live in Native lands, have you ever heard of a term 'Findian'? I'm from Finland, half Finnish, half ethnic Karelian. Many Finns were taken to the New Sweden colony because they had survival skills better than those of "civilized Europeans". Many also immigrated later to find work, farm land or to escape political unrest (19th and early 20th century) and settled in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Minnesota and neighbouring areas in the Canadian side of the border. The Finns lived in harmony with the nature and their customs, attire and way of life was much closer to the Natives than to the Europeans. I've read that a lot of mixing between Finns and Natives happened in these regions and some Finns were assimilated to local Native communities and vice versa

That is not uncommon and you still don't know much about the natives, many of the tribes were not as in tune with nature as people like to portray. They had trade routes, mining operations, etc. One of the tribes moved here by the government was from a place where the town of Pipestone in in Minnesota. The pipes seem from the east coast to the Pacific north west use the material quarried by these tribes.

We have tribes with quite a bit of French in them, like the Otoe. Most of them it is down to 1/32 or less but some carry French last names. Some of the tribes have a bit of Basque in them from early contact with them. Most contact with Europeans was not sudden but gradual and West of the Mississippi River is was often a single group of European immigrants first contact was made with.

The Bannock, Kalispel, and Flathead, had fairly heavy Basque contact long before there were any States in the West. There was early Irish contact with the Kaw, Otoe, and Ponca tribes.

Native history could have turned out very different. The Indian wars were not constant but were periods of peace and many times co-existence them something would happen to break the peace. The Conestoga was becoming Europeanized at one time but the Paxton brothers started and incident which started up a new phase of the Indian wars, the Confederacy was very Native tolerant. Native history is not what people think it is, too much is learned from TV.

Last edited:
That is not uncommon and you still don't know much about the natives, many of the tribes were not as in tune with nature as people like to portray. They had trade routes, mining operations, etc. One of the tribes moved here by the government was from a place where the town of Pipestone in in Minnesota. The pipes seem from the east coast to the Pacific north west use the material quarried by these tribes.

We have tribes with quite a bit of French in them, like the Otoe. Most of them it is down to 1/32 or less but some carry French last names. Some of the tribes have a bit of Basque in them from early contact with them. Most contact with Europeans was not sudden but gradual and West of the Mississippi River is was often a single group of European immigrants first contact was made with.

The Bannock, Kalispel, and Flathead, had fairly heavy Basque contact long before there were any States in the West. There was early Irish contact with the Kaw, Otoe, and Ponca tribes.
I know this. I meant that the Finns were pretty close to the peoples who were from those regions, not those who where relocated there. For example the Ojibway and Anishinabee peoples got along very good with Finns. They were all people of the Forest

I know this. I meant that the Finns were pretty close to the peoples who were from those regions, not those who where relocated there. For example the Ojibway and Anishinabee peoples got along very good with Finns. They were all people of the Forest

This is true and well documented. It should be noted though when smaller groups of Europeans all from the same country made first contact with a tribe things usually went well and everyone got along and people were accepted into various tribes. Some tribes got along so well with Europeans that they even accepted European tribal names such as the Coeur D'alene tribe, they were originally the Skitswish.

You probably already knew that Finnish DNA in ancient times found it's way into Spain and is a part of the Spanish blood line.

You probably already knew that Finnish DNA in ancient times found it's way into Spain and is a part of the Spanish blood line.
There's a theory that Finno-Ugric peoples were the original inhabitants of Europe and that before Indo-European languages found their way into Europe, everybody spoke proto-Finnic. But those are just theories. Also the Basque language might be related to Finnic according to some theories, I don't believe that though

Last edited:
There's a theory that Finno-Ugric peoples were the original inhabitants of Europe and that before Indo-Eurooean languages found their way into Europe, everybody spoke proto-Finnic. But those are just theories. Also the Basque language might be related to Finnic according to some theories, I don't believe that though

The question becomes genetically what is a race. If we take a population with well mixed DNA and separate them and isolate them over time both groups will eventually had a common marker in each group that is not in the others. Do we now have two races. If we took only blond haired blue eyed people and put them on an island alone eventually there will be something distinct about the population that is unique to them. There are things common about the DNA among all Europeans. All this means is some people from what is now Finland had to have arrived in Spain long ago and bred with the others that were there since they have a part of their DNA that is distinctly Finnish.

The Spaniards that went to the America's took with them some DNA that would be common among Finns but not found it all Europeans.

The question becomes genetically what is a race. If we take a population with well mixed DNA and separate them and isolate them over time both groups will eventually had a common marker in each group that is not in the others. Do we now have two races. If we took only blond haired blue eyed people and put them on an island alone eventually there will be something distinct about the population that is unique to them. There are things common about the DNA among all Europeans. All this means is some people from what is now Finland had to have arrived in Spain long ago and bred with the others that were there since they have a part of their DNA that is distinctly Finnish.

The Spaniards that went to the America's took with them some DNA that would be common among Finns but not found it all Europeans.
That is very possible. Us Finns, even though a pale, blue-eyed and blond haired people, are of Eurasian origin. Genetically we are different from the 'white Europeans'. Of course we were ruled by the Swedes for 700 years and mixing happened more in some regions than others, but during the racial segregation era of the United States there were legal battles about should the Finnish immigrants be granted full liberties since they are not 'white' ethnically and culturally. These days the overwhelming majority of Finns see themselves as "regular white people" but those people rarely know their history

That is very possible. Us Finns, even though a pale, blue-eyed and blond haired people, are of Eurasian origin. Genetically we are different from the 'white Europeans'. Of course we were ruled by the Swedes for 700 years and mixing happened more in some regions than others, but during the racial segregation era of the United States there were legal battles about should the Finnish immigrants be granted full liberties since they are not 'white' ethnically and culturally. These days the overwhelming majority of Finns see themselves as "regular white people" but those people rarely know their history

I think you have to ask the question "What is White" I thought Finn's had had more than a few genetic markers that are common to many ancient Europeans as well as some distinct to those that have bred with Finns as well as Eurasian markers. Also as you said Scandinavian blood is spread though much if not all the population.

Genetics gets confusing at time but the Natives here have a keen interest in it. What they think of as an ancient pre-European era fell apart or was at least damaged. Mongolian is part of Native Americans as well as a genetic mutation found in a small population of maybe 5000 people in Siberian Russia, Polynesian is in there with some markers specific to Hawaii, Melanesian, the surprise was DNA from Caucasus, the Mediterranean and Greenland. They have leaned that their Pre Columbian genetics is very confused.

It's possible that a person from that Russian village went to a small group of Mongolians and his genetic mutation spread around and got to the America's that way. I guess the Polynesian and Melenesian people could have arrived in different groups or they could have been a mixed race group then mixed with the former group.

The Caucasus, and Mediterranean DNA is harder to explain away. It damaged the single migration theory.

I think you have to ask the question "What is White" I thought Finn's had had more than a few genetic markers that are common to many ancient Europeans as well as some distinct to those that have bred with Finns as well as Eurasian markers. Also as you said Scandinavian blood is spread though much if not all the population.

Genetics gets confusing at time but the Natives here have a keen interest in it. What they think of as an ancient pre-European era fell apart or was at least damaged. Mongolian is part of Native Americans as well as a genetic mutation found in a small population of maybe 5000 people in Siberian Russia, Polynesian is in there with some markers specific to Hawaii, Melanesian, the surprise was DNA from Caucasus, the Mediterranean and Greenland. They have leaned that their Pre Columbian genetics is very confused.

It's possible that a person from that Russian village went to a small group of Mongolians and his genetic mutation spread around and got to the America's that way. I guess the Polynesian and Melenesian people could have arrived in different groups or they could have been a mixed race group then mixed with the former group.

The Caucasus, and Mediterranean DNA is harder to explain away. It damaged the single migration theory.
Actually the white Slavic peoples came to modern day Russia only about a thousand years ago. Before that Western parts of Russia were inhabited mostly by Finnic peoples and to the east of Ural by Native Siberian 'mongolian' people, who are related to most of the Native Americans. Over 60% of Finnish genetic stock is Eurasian and the Finns are mentioned in old Slavic chronicles to the point that some scientists believe most Russians are descended from ethnic Finns who became culturally Slavic (i.e. Christian, linguistically Slavic etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back