So I learned the other day about Bellator WW Champion Andrey Koreshkov's one loss

TheLoneWolf527

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
To Ben Askren in which he was outstruck 247 to 3...

Is Bellator's WW division just THAT bad or is Askren THAT good?

I just want to see Askren against Palhares.

I just want to see Askren against Palhares.

This^

There needs to be a clause in OneFC's contract that allows him to fight outside the organization.

If palhares gets cut one fc should pick him up ASAP

Koreshkov has improved since that fight, he'd probably land 6 strikers in a rematch.

Bellator WW is full of strikers with weak to average wrestling and grappling. The division was tailor made for Askren.

This^

There needs to be a clause in OneFC's contract that allows him to fight outside the organization.

Well him being barred from fighting in America could actually happen, so OneFC picking him up would be amazing. Look for Ben to want to come back to Bellator once that happens

palhares has wacky striking and great grappling, I think ben learns to jab and tries to cage stall palhares. Palhares does not give anything away in the grappling department.

Paul Harris just smudges the eyes, Ben stabbed his last opponent's eye in.
someone will get a taste of his own in that one.

bellators ww is pretty weak. wsof is much stronger. hell askren alone trumps their whole division for One.

I remember that fight, and the majority of Bens strikes were just light little taps to Andrey from top control. Koreshkov looked like he had never trained wrestling in his life during that fight.

If they fought again today, Ben would still win, but it would be at least a little more competitive, as Andrey had obviously trained a bit more ground before his fight Lima.

It was pretty much this level of power the whole fight -

8_Ben_Askren_vs._Andrey_Koreshkov.gif

Both lol but what 247 to 3? I've never heard of something that bad.

Well at least he didn't end up looking like karl.

edit- in this fight askren landed 200 while karl only landed 40

karl_bellator86.jpg

Bellator WW is a little weak, and Ben Askren is very good.

I remember that fight, and the majority of Bens strikes were just light little taps to Andrey from top control. Koreshkov looked like he had never trained wrestling in his life during that fight.

If they fought again today, Ben would still win, but it would be at least a little more competitive, as Andrey had obviously trained a bit more ground before his fight Lima.

It was pretty much this level of power the whole fight -

8_Ben_Askren_vs._Andrey_Koreshkov.gif

Yeah, if they were 247 full power strikes, he'd be dead. But 247 little taps still sucks if your the one getting smacked around. It's like Chinese water torture.

Koreshkov said before the fight he didn't bother training wrestling and man did it show during that fight.

This is why there are people hoping Paul Harris to 1C, we can see just how good Askren is.

I've heard of horrible matchups before, but none where a guy gets outstruck 246 to 3 in 3 and a half rounds

Anderson had an epic comeback vs. Sonnen the first time but if he didn't get that triangle it'd have been a pretty similar difference in strikes landed(only without a finish).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back