• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So I guess Anderson Silva vs GSP isn't happening?

GSP has decided not to go for the ultimate greatness. He would rather remain comfortable and secure. Hes decided to let it pass and be the official Pac/Floyd of mma.

Fits well with his saftey first approach.

TheRassler that you?

Lorenzo better get this shit happening after last nights tweet.

And Silva has achieved the ultimate greatness by dominating his own weight class and calling out a WW.. Do you see Silva racing to fight Jones? GSP can fight 3 or 4 more years and equal everything Silva has done.. As it is he's the clear 2 all time IMO..

Anderson is 3-0 at LHW and agreed to fight Jones. It is GSP who refuses to fight outside of his weightclass.

Anderson is focused on greatness while GSP is focuses on saftey. Its a shame.

Anderson is 3-0 at LHW and agreed to fight Jones. It is GSP who refuses to fight outside of his weightclass.

Anderson says a lot of shit. But he sure as hell isn't being as vocal about wanting the Jon Jones fight, even though he has made 205 numerous times and seems to have zero problem doing it. GSP actually has serious contenders in his weight division. Anderson has maybe 1. Anderson needs to grow a pair and move up if he wants a real challenge.

What do you mean he agreed to fight Jones? Did they sign a contract? Do they have a venue booked? When is the fight? Oh right he said in an interview he possibly, maybe, you never know, it could happen one day might fight Jon Jones but not at 205.. I forgot....

This. GSP has a price for the fight, it's just higher than the UFC thinks it's worth. Same with Anderson and Jones.

UFC will make Anderson v Jones happen. You are right about GSP though - they dont have enough money and he just doesn't have it in him.

Anderson says a lot of shit. But he sure as hell isn't being as vocal about wanting the Jon Jones fight, even though he has made 205 numerous times and seems to have zero problem doing it. GSP actually has serious contenders in his weight division. Anderson has maybe 1. Anderson needs to grow a pair and move up if he wants a real challenge.

Not being as vocal but still making it clear that he'd accept > flat out refusing.

Anderson has said he would fight Jones at 195lbs and GSP at 178lbs, fair for everyone.

Anderson grew a pair 3 or 4 years ago when he moved up to LHW and dismantled a former champ. He is 3-0 at LHW. What is GSP's record at MW?

What do you mean he agreed to fight Jones? Did they sign a contract? Do they have a venue booked? When is the fight? Oh right he said in an interview he possibly, maybe, you never know, it could happen one day might fight Jon Jones but not at 205.. I forgot....

I don't know about any of this but I do know that Silva agreed to fight Jones at 195lbs and GSP at 178lbs. Niether guy has accepted. Silva is also the guy who has moved up in weight 3 times. Neither guy has done it even once.

Again, Silva is focused on greatness while GSP is focused on being secure.

I don't know about any of this but I do know that Silva agreed to fight Jones at 195lbs and GSP at 178lbs. Niether guy has accepted. Silva is also the guy who has moved up in weight 3 times. Neither guy has done it even once.

Again, Silva is focused on greatness while GSP is focused on being secure.

No agreememt has ever been made for Silva to fight Jones or GSP.. Talk and speculation is not an agreement.. A random quote from an interview is not an agreement..

No agreememt has ever been made for Silva to fight Jones or GSP.. Talk and speculation is not an agreement.. A random quote from an interview is not an agreement..

I never claimed Silva and Jones came to an agreement. I said Silva agreed to a fight at 195lbs with Jones if the UFC could make it happen.

Thats a lot more than GSP has said about Silva.

Again, Silva is willing to fight both of them and meet them both halfway. I think Jones will eventually accept because he too is focused on greatness but GSP is focused on saftey and therefore is perfectly comfortable with passing on the Silva fight.

Not being as vocal but still making it clear that he'd accept > flat out refusing.

Anderson has said he would fight Jones at 195lbs and GSP at 178lbs, fair for everyone.

Anderson grew a pair 3 or 4 years ago when he moved up to LHW and dismantled a former champ. He is 3-0 at LHW. What is GSP's record at MW?

Different body types. My point is Silva has already fought multiple times at 205 and been successful against slow fighters with no skills that stand out and zero punching power. Let's see him fight at 205 against a fighter that poses some threat. He won't do it. He'd rather play it safe by wanting Jones to make a weight he knows Jones can't make in a healthy way, if at all.

We knew it wouldn't didn't we?

In unrelated news: I guess Pacquiao and Mayweather isn't happening either

It's a shame, but I never expected this fight to materialize.

Different body types. My point is Silva has already fought multiple times at 205 and been successful against slow fighters with no skills that stand out and zero punching power. Let's see him fight at 205 against a fighter that poses some threat. He won't do it. He'd rather play it safe by wanting Jones to make a weight he knows Jones can't make in a healthy way, if at all.

Lol, oh you're one of those guys. Forrest was #4 and coming off of wins over Shogun and Rampage and an impressive showing against Rashad. If Forrest has no skill and is no good then what does that say about Shogun, Rampage, and Rashad? Furthermore what does that say about Jones considering these are 3 of his 4 best wins?

Also the fact you claim James Irving has no punching power and poses no threat showcases your extreme lack of mma knowledge. Yikes, thats pretty bad.

just because Anderson did the ufc a favor by fighting at 205, doesn't make it his natural weightclass lol. If Anderson should fight Jones at 205, tell GSP to fight Anderson at 185.

I believe Hughes would have taken the fight at the catch weight. I know he gets a lot of hate, but I do believe he would have stepped up against Anderson. Against Rich? Maybe but they trained together at Militech a bit. Hypothetical yes but couldn't stop myself from taking the dig at Georges Safe Pierre.

dude, after silva franklin 1, hughes stated that he'd fight silva at MW

Back