So I FINALLY watched Game of Thrones (If you haven't watched spoliers etc)

Who dies next?

• Total voters

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
Took me about 2 months and I finally watched it.

Fuck what was I doing, I missed out hard lol

Loved it, every bit of it, was a great show and a great time and now I'm picking up on so many references I missed before :p

Excited for the final 2 seasons they're making.

So This George RR Martin guy ... is he helping HBO write the final seasons or are they winging it at this point? I'm hoping he gives them an outline and they aren't just going to make up their own shit which will be totally different from the books I'll never read :p

Anyway, let's have a chat, ask me questions etc let's do this!

Last edited:
One of, if not the greatest television show ever made. I'll be sad to see it end. I might need to read the books once he's done with them. I'll just wait and buy the completed collection.

Took me about 2 months and I finally watched it.

Fuck what was I doing, I missed out hard lol

Loved it, every bit of it, was a great show and a great time and now I'm picking up on so many references I missed before :p

Excited for the final 2 seasons they're making.

So This George RR Martin guy ... is he helping HBO write the final seasons or are they winging it at this point? I'm hoping he gives them an outline and they aren't just going to make up their own shit which will be totally different from the books I'll never read :p
dont quote me on this, but I belive GRRM has told the producers of the show where the story ends up and most likely key elements of it, they have been doing alot of just winging it as the show has gotten into the later seasons, including completely rewriting some character's storylines ((Briene for example))

Often when I watch I wonder which parts I'm seeing are from the books and which are made up.

I just finished binge watching it last night. May even do it again before they air the next season.

I just finished binge watching it last night. May even do it again before they air the next season.

I loved it, this show brought it right til the end. The last two episodes kicked ass!

Love Tyrion

Man I was wondering what Cercei would do to the cult people ... fuck she just blew them up it was so simple lol

Often when I watch I wonder which parts I'm seeing are from the books and which are made up.
the parts they omit and change ..I guess dont really matter over all for the story, thats why they do it....but they have fucked with alot shit progressively more and more, first couple of seasons were pretty close to the books if memory serves me correctly

dont quote me on this, but I belive GRRM has told the producers of the show where the story ends up and most likely key elements of it, they have been doing alot of just winging it as the show has gotten into the later seasons, including completely rewriting some character's storylines ((Briene for example))
Well Briene had to get rewritten, since Catlyn Starks "extended" storyline was written out all together.

Now you're a man! A man, man, man.

i only started watching it a few weeks ago,only part way through season 2. but i love the whole fantasy genre and hope they pick up some other books to turn into films or tv shows.

i only started watching it a few weeks ago,only part way through season 2. but i love the whole fantasy genre and hope they pick up some other books to turn into films or tv shows.
should stop reading stuff like this until you finish the show bud lol it will be much more enjoyable

So Jon Snow's revelation

He's the son of Rehilar however you spell Targaryan ?

So that means The Mad King had 3 kids: Rehilar, Deneries and Golden melted crown head guy

Of the 3 kids Jon snow would be Rehilar's kid

Meaning he is Deneries Nephew

Does this matter since Deneries is still above him in like for the throne anyway?

He's the son of Rehilar however you spell Targaryan ?

Rhaegar Targaryen, yes.

So that means The Mad King had 3 kids: Rehilar, Deneries and Golden melted crown head guy

Correct. Rhaegar was the eldest, then Viserys was much younger, and Daenerys was born a few months after Jaime killed the Mad King.

Of the 3 kids Jon snow would be Rehilar's kid

Meaning he is Deneries Nephew

Does this matter since Deneries is still above him in like for the throne anyway?

Not quite. Westeros has male-preference primogeniture. That means that women can only inherit after their male siblings and those siblings' male children.

So the line of succession when the Mad King was alive was: Rhaegar >>> Aegon (his baby son) >>> Viserys

Since baby Aegon and Viserys are both dead, if Jon was legitimate his claim would come ahead of his aunt's.

Rhaegar Targaryen, yes.

Correct. Rhaegar was the eldest, then Viserys was much younger, and Daenerys was born a few months after Jaime killed the Mad King.

Not quite. Westeros has male-preference primogeniture. That means that women can only inherit after their male siblings and those siblings' male children.

So the line of succession when the Mad King was alive was: Rhaegar >>> Aegon (his baby son) >>> Viserys

Since baby Aegon and Viserys are both dead, if Jon was legitimate his claim would come ahead of his aunt's.

But not cause he's a bastard?

Cool, now go read The Hedge Knight and learn about my man Sir Duncan the Tall.

51RQjgcJZlL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

GoT and Rome are the two best shows TV has produced imo.

You have a ton of great stuff in the top 10, but I think those two are really something apart.

GoT and Rome are the two best shows TV has produced imo.

You have a ton of great stuff in the top 10, but I think those two are really something apart.

I have literally never heard of Rome until just now but nobody ever shuts up about GoT ... so you must be wrong

Back