So I dropped my phone...

I wouldn't complain. My phone in grad. school:

nokia_3310_blue_mobile-phone-technology-news_hero.jpg
I think we all owned Mjolnir.

iphone SE is great value i am happy with mine but ive been an apple guy since like the first ones so its hard to switch when you are this accustomed to the UI and the ergonomics, not a fan of large phones or blocky phones for me the iphone SE size and shape is pretty much ideal and this kind of thing like with clothing is something i can have my peculiarities about

I'm kind of torn between getting a 4G Samsung Galaxy A52 and a 5G A32. I was considering an iPhone SE, especially as I do have an Apple account, but I heard that the battery life is awful and the camera isn't very good.

I watch YouTube a lot so I'm looking for a big screen, and I'd like a decent camera.

I'd like a Google Pixel 4a, but I don't want to spend £400 on a phone.,

Preferably around £200-£300 price range...

This is what I have. I honestly hate how big phones have become so this is a nice good sized phone. I recommend it to everyone honestly. Older people especially love it.
I've got the Pro Max and it isn't big enough. My eyes take a while to wake up in the morning so I can't read messages fora few minutes. I had a bigger phone a few years ago almost small tablet size, I wish I'd stuck with it.

I bought a Xiaomi Redmi 10 Pro with a cover...

Cost £240 altogether...

Thoughts?

I've got the Pro Max and it isn't big enough. My eyes take a while to wake up in the morning so I can't read messages fora few minutes. I had a bigger phone a few years ago almost small tablet size, I wish I'd stuck with it.

Yea that's exactly how my wife is. No phone is to big for her. She got the biggest newest Iphone and it's to much. I think the difference is she can carry it around in her purse and it's fine. I have to carry mine in my pants so I don't want some large device in my pockets. I had one of the Samsung Notes at one point and I told myself never again. Meanwhile it was one of my wifes favorite phones before she switched to apple.

Yea that's exactly how my wife is. No phone is to big for her. She got the biggest newest Iphone and it's to much. I think the difference is she can carry it around in her purse and it's fine. I have to carry mine in my pants so I don't want some large device in my pockets. I had one of the Samsung Notes at one point and I told myself never again. Meanwhile it was one of my wifes favorite phones before she switched to apple.
Yeah, we don't have to worry about pockets, we have handbags with iphone pockets.
TWSS but the bigger the better, am I onto something with creating a bigger pocket for bigger phones for people with poor eyesight?

I dropped mine in the toilet a couple months ago while taking a shit. Slipped out of my hands, right through my legs, bounced off my ding dong and then right into the toilet water.

Went to the phone store to get another one and when I showed the guy looked at my phone he was like "Oh wow, are you ready for a phone that actually does things?". That pissed me off so I let him handle my phone that I had dropped in poopy water without telling him.

I've got the Motorola 5g ace and I like it. Big screen, 5g obviously, good camera. Not that expensive, can get one for like $250

iphone SE is great value i am happy with mine but ive been an apple guy since like the first ones so its hard to switch when you are this accustomed to the UI and the ergonomics, not a fan of large phones or blocky phones for me the iphone SE size and shape is pretty much ideal and this kind of thing like with clothing is something i can have my peculiarities about
I was contemplating getting the SE because I do prefer smaller phones but then I realized I watch a lot of movies and tv shows on my phone so I need somewhat of a decent sized screen. I ended up getting the XR. That pro max size they have now is just way too massive.

I was contemplating getting the SE because I do prefer smaller phones but then I realized I watch a lot of movies and tv shows on my phone so I need somewhat of a decent sized screen. I ended up getting the XR. That pro max size they have now is just way too massive.
it can be a little small for extended reading when i use it to read before i sleep it can be straining at times, i dont watch many videos on the phone use the laptop for that but when i do its not great so i think is the downside but its really just a lack of functionality that is kind of outside of a phone really but that we have come to expect from these devices that are really less than a phone and more of just a hand tablet computing device of some sort but calling it a "phone" is kind of stupid at this point unless you are still rocking mechanical button flip phone or something not to take away from your point which is valid

I don't think phones in grad school are as important as they might be when traveling for work, alone, internationally......

I was noting you were lucky to have a smart phone out of college. I didn't even have a smart phone in grad school.

Back