So how is Conor/Nate III not a no-brainer?

Win for Nate = earns enough $$$ to retire

Win for Conor = probably wins. Demonstrates how good he is in rematches to earn another crack at Khabib

Win for UFC & fans = probably cracks 1M PPV buys. Guaranteed barnburner

After that we can see Conor vs. Silva @ 175 lbs.

A win over Nate Diaz doesnt warrant a title shot. Diaz isnt even top 10 wtf

If Khabib is out for a significant period of time then Tony vs Conor for the interim/vacant belt is possible.

Also if Dana sticks to his guns and GSP needs a LW fight before a title shot then Conor and Nate are probably the only fights he would accept.

If Khabib is out for a significant period of time then Tony vs Conor for the interim/vacant belt is possible.

Also if Dana sticks to his guns and GSP needs a LW fight before a title shot then Conor and Nate are probably the only fights he would accept.

wow... GSP vs. McGregor.

Champ-Champ vs. Cham-Champ

[<taker1}

He's already demonstrated he's good at winning rematches against Nate Diaz so that doesn't matter.
yeah he showed how really good he is at winning rematches, sure...............

Well Conor just lost and if Nate wins against Poirier then it just wont sell like it would have, had Conor won too.

Win for Conor’s fans= they can go back to pretending that Conor is GOAT level without him actually having to prove himself.
LOL.....U are correct... but brace your self for the onslaught of butthurt Conor fans..... I also thought that Nate barely squeaked by their 2nd fight but I thought he won... Conor will get his ass handed to him again if he fights Khabib again!

It's probably next on the cards for Conor but I think it would be better if the UFC set him up with a gimme fight just to get his fans back on board. If Nate beats him he pretty much becomes an MMA meme.

With injuries just about any combination is possible, but I have to think the UFC would like it to unfold where:

Khabib -vs- Ferguson
Conor -vs- Nate

They'll do great PPV numbers with Conor and Nate, and its likely Khabib can draw a bit on his own now. Hard to tell until he fights another opponent.

If Khabib and Conor both win, you've setup a mega PPV.

Because Conor only wants to do rematches when he loses.

because the fight would be a pointless money grab.
This. The fight would sell but I think that two fights between these two are enough. Sort of predictable fight in that we know Conor will put it on him early, gas/slow down, and then Nate will start to land volume punches. I'd rather see them in fresh, more unpredictable matches.

Back