So happy for Tyrone

Who is the GOAT WW?

• Total voters
I was really happy for him.

Clearly worked and trained hard. Performed well. Won in dominating fashion.

Hats off to the guy.

If you notice, it's usually the ones who don't want GSP above their favorite in overall GOAT discussion that are saying it. They know if in their little world surpasses GSP as WW goat<36>, then Tyron would be probably last on the overall list, and they can go hurdur all the GSP fanboys are wrong.

Dude is barely 1/2 on defenses of GSP 3 of least active title fights ever, 1st title finish over a guy who 1/2 the forum agreed shouldn't have even been given the title shot, and people want to claim it against the guy whose beaten everyone he's ever faced in the octagon, two division lineal champ with the most wins in the UFC. Stay classy.<{gspressed}>

If you notice, it's usually the ones who don't want GSP above their favorite in overall GOAT discussion that are saying it. They know if in their little world surpasses GSP as WW goat<36>, then Tyron would be probably last on the overall list, and they can go hurdur all the GSP fanboys are wrong.

Dude is barely 1/2 on defenses of GSP 3 of least active title fights ever, 1st title finish over a guy who 1/2 the forum agreed shouldn't have even been given the title shot, and people want to claim it against the guy whose beaten everyone he's ever faced in the octagon, two division lineal champ with the most wins in the UFC. Stay classy.<{gspressed}>

GSP is #1 on my GOAT list, but you can't sit there and pretend he hasn't bit himself in the foot, and that there isn't a very real chance he will be coming down both P4P, and perhaps even in his own weight class.

His just so oppressed that if you don't like him and say his Goat you are in fact a racist.

GSP is #1 on my GOAT list, but you can't sit there and pretend he hasn't bit himself in the foot, and that there isn't a very real chance he will be coming down both P4P, and perhaps even in his own weight class.
I'm not saying Tyron isn't good, I'm not saying Tyron cant. Yet, at this point, he's maybe 1/2 way. Faaaaar to early for these threads, then again sherdog has a tendency to jump on hype trains before they even leave the station and make a alright win into some David vs Goliath. Till has only had two decent wins, a LW Donald, and a decision against thompson(which he missed weight again for) who some believe he shouldn't have even won.

I'm not saying Tyron isn't good, I'm not saying Tyron cant. Yet, at this point, he's maybe 1/2 way. Faaaaar to early for these threads, then again sherdog has a tendency to jump on hype trains before they even leave the station and make a alright win into some David vs Goliath. Till has only had two decent wins, a LW Donald, and a decision against thompson(which he missed weight again for) who some believe he shouldn't have even won.

Certainly at least half way. Probably further. Tyron's passed Hughes, certainly matched him for second all time.

Woodley has gotten through most of his toughest fights. Usman and Covington are tailored for him.

That would put him over

Usman (if he most likely wins)
Covington (if he most likely wins)
Till
Thompson
Maia
Lawler
Stun Gun
Gastelum
Condit
Koscheck

compared to

Hughes
Serra
Koscheck
Condit
Hendricks
Diaz
Bisping (MW)
Sherk (LW)
Penn (LW)
Shields
Fitch
Alves

Woodley may not have the quantity, but he certainly has the quality over GSP by a good margin with that resume. MMA has evolved, and while GSP decided to retire young to avoid the increased competition, Tyron has been winning. GSP needs to fight Tyron to become the undisputed WW GOAT, because he becomes more and more disputed every time Tyron wins and people are right to feel that way.

GSP is still clearly the greatest Welterweight we've ever seen. Even if Tyron were to beat him in a fight (which wouldn't surprise me), I'm still not sure I'd rank Woodley above him. George's resume might arguably still be more impressive even then.

Woodley is a beast though when he wants to be, there's no denying that. I could even see him plausibly beating all of the top Middleweights in the world as well - Robert Whittaker, Yoel Romero, Kelvin Gastelum (already beat him once at WW), Luke Rockhold, Chris Weidman, Jacare Souza, even prime Anderson Silva.

Dude once again proved he's the WW GOAT. Tyrone would dispatch prime GSP with ease, and most experts agree that he'd also KO prime Silva. No idea why he gets so much hate but if every UFC champ modeled themselves after Tyrone then the UFC would be a much better product
Not sure if trolling but GSP is arguably the GOAT.

So how can Tyron be the WW GOAT?

Saying Tyron is the WW GOAT over GSP would mean he is arguably the pound for pound GOAT.

Fuck outta here

Certainly at least half way. Probably further. Tyron's passed Hughes, certainly matched him for second all time.

Woodley has gotten through most of his toughest fights. Usman and Covington are tailored for him.

That would put him over

Usman (if he most likely wins)
Covington (if he most likely wins)
Till
Thompson
Maia
Lawler
Stun Gun
Gastelum
Condit
Koscheck

compared to

Hughes
Serra
Koscheck
Condit
Hendricks
Diaz
Bisping (MW)
Sherk (LW)
Penn (LW)
Shields
Fitch
Alves

Woodley may not have the quantity, but he certainly has the quality over GSP by a good margin with that resume. MMA has evolved, and while GSP decided to retire young to avoid the increased competition, Tyron has been winning. GSP needs to fight Tyron to become the undisputed WW GOAT, because he becomes more and more disputed every time Tyron wins and people are right to feel that way.
Well one problem is you're comparing tyrons non title fights, to GSP title fights.

Quality to quality GSP still wins, soley cause he has more quality wins. Also with 3 of those were the least active WW title fights. Also one was a draw lmao. So no, not even on quality is Tyron caught up.
Still can though, and I'd agree I'd have him over Hughes though.

Prime GSP > prime Woodley > prime Hughes.

Woodley probably does beat GSP today. GSP would still be GOAT.

Well one problem is you're comparing tyrons non title fights, to GSP title fights.

Quality to quality GSP still wins, soley cause he has more quality wins. Also with 3 of those were the least active WW title fights. Also one was a draw lmao. So no, not even on quality is Tyron caught up.
Still can though, and I'd agree I'd have him over Hughes though.

Prime GSP > prime Woodley > prime Hughes.

Woodley probably does beat GSP today. GSP would still be GOAT.

Oh my god, you're one of those guys that think title fights are magically tougher....just no.

He also beat Stephen. I didn't say Stephen x2. You can debate whether he actually beat Stephen (I'd say he didn't). That's what the records show though, just like GSP/Hendricks. lmao

And did you just admit that if Woodley beat GSP, GSP would still be the GOAT? LMAO! You're clearly biased and compromised, and thus can't reasonably debate this subject.

Oh my god, you're one of those guys that think title fights are magically tougher....just no.

And did you just admit that if Woodley beat GSP, GSP would still be the GOAT? LMAO! You're clearly biased and compromised, and thus can't reasonably debate this subject.
No, I'm just not stupid. So you admit khabib is more Goat than Conor as Conor has lost and khabib hasn't?

No one was claiming wiedman was MW goat with wind over Silva... Cause he didn't have the resume to back it up.

This would be a similar situation. Jesus you people have no critical thinking dkills, then have the audacity to claim intellectual superiority over others. Wow lmao.{<jordan}

Edit: did you just claim preparing for 5 rounds is just as easy as 3 rounds?
That's another MJ laughing emoji worthy{<jordan}

No, I'm just not stupid. So you admit khabib is more Goat than Conor as Conor has lost and khabib hasn't?

No one was claiming wiedman was MW goat with wind over Silva... Cause he didn't have the resume to back it up.

This would be a similar situation. Jesus you people have no critical thinking dkills, then have the audacity to claim intellectual superiority over others. Wow lmao.{<jordan}

Losing a fight has nothing to do with it. We're not talking about Serra flash KOing him, we're talking about the second best WW who is closing in on GSP, THEN BEATING HIM. lmao

Losing a fight has nothing to do with it. We're not talking about Serra flash KOing him, we're talking about the second best WW who is closing in on GSP, THEN BEATING HIM. lmao
Literally the same as when Chris dethroned Silva x2, and went on to have 2 more defenses, people still did not call him Goat, cause he did not have the resume. Just because tyron went up on a very, short list of sherdoggers WW goats list, doesnt mean hes actually close. Hes BARELY 1/2 way. Get @ me, in 3 more defenses then we can have this discussion.

So yes, if tyron of today beat GSP of today, it doesnt negate the overall career of GSP, especially at WW.

Which, since i have to lay everything out for you, means Twood would STILL NOT be WW Goat. At minimum wait till they have comparative resumes, that agree'd upon by more than 50% of sherdog. Thats what we call a general consensus. Lmfao.

Back