So evidently Fury is a bum?

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
Apparently a fight with Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury is close to being finalized. . . According to expert boxing forum posters Wilder has no chin, fights only bums and is lucky to be an era of weak heavyweights.

So then by virtue of forum poster's expertise Fury is a bum.

Can a mod delete this please(the actual thread, not my post)

Fury not a bum, far from it...
Out of shape, not fight sharp and shouldn't be facing top contenders though,yes.

I'm a bit surprised at F. Warren letting this happen but maybe Fury just wants out an can't be bothered anymore.
He looked pretty disinterested from as far back as the klit rematch tbf.

I dunno, is a shame regardless of what the situe is behind closed doors.

If he wanted out he could take lesser opposition for likely more $ than hell get for Wilder. Unless maybe they offered big time $ to Fury, but I doubt that.

Fury not a bum, far from it...
Out of shape, not fight sharp and shouldn't be facing top contenders though,yes.

I'm a bit surprised at F. Warren letting this happen but maybe Fury just wants out an can't be bothered anymore.
He looked pretty disinterested from as far back as the klit rematch tbf.

I dunno, is a shame regardless of what the situe is behind closed doors.
Pretty much this.

But i still think he can outbox him for 12 rounds. Has a way worse chance. But I believe.

I don't care if he's fought 1 guy in three years. Fury is undefeated and beat the guy that legit nobody else could beat for a fucking decade. Give him the benefit of the doubt. He's ugly and awkward and he wins. I could see him giving Wilder a lot of problems.

I don't care if he's fought 1 guy in three years. Fury is undefeated and beat the guy that legit nobody else could beat for a fucking decade. Give him the benefit of the doubt. He's ugly and awkward and he wins. I could see him giving Wilder a lot of problems.

You can't untrain someone that can box. I never thought he looked good when he won but he did take away everything from Klitscko. I could imagine him beating Wilder in a smothering fight that you never saw Wilder get a chance to unload his cannon or I mean windmill.

it's two things:

first of all, he isn't unbeatable as many seem to believe. yes, he beat klitschko, but there's not a single person who's watched that fight and didn't want to slit their own wrist halfway through. it was a horrible staring contest with an occasional clinch. so he's a very good boxer, but not the killer people (who probably haven't even seen the klit fight) make him out to be.

secondly, after the biggest win of his career, he got busted for anabolic steroids, was suspended for two years, and spent that time developing a nice little cocaine addiction and battling depression. in my expert arm-chair-psychiatrist opinion, he's got a bipolar personality disorder.

overhyped ability mixed with PEDs, drug abuse, and mental issues - all those things combined are not exactly encouraging when he's about to face the biggest hitter in HW boxing right now. they don't make him a bum, not by a long shot. but let's not shit ourselves here.

Apparently a fight with Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury is close to being finalized. . . According to expert boxing forum posters Wilder has no chin, fights only bums and is lucky to be an era of weak heavyweights.

So then by virtue of forum poster's expertise Fury is a bum.

Let me try to understand your "logic". Anyone who fights a bum is a bum?

If he wanted out he could take lesser opposition for likely more $ than hell get for Wilder. Unless maybe they offered big time $ to Fury, but I doubt that.
It's all a bit odd...
He does have a huge dislike for AJ though an this is sure fire to piss AJ off?

I'd be more excited for this fight is Fury was on the level he showed 3 years ago. Unfortunately, his comeback fight was underwhelming and he really has to show and prove against Pianeta. If he looks poor in that fight, It would be more of a cashout imo.

It's all a bit odd...
He does have a huge dislike for AJ though an this is sure fire to piss AJ off?
I think our best answer is that it could be a bit of everything? He sees Wilder as a good matchup, the $, what is at stake should he win, gets a dig at Hearn/AJ etc.

At the end of the day I just hope hes comitted 110%. Fury might be a POS, but hes good for the division. Not to mention hes entertaining in and out of the ring (aside from the Wlad fight lol).

i don't know how credible his word is, but he's said he isn't boxing for the money. something along the lines of "i'm already a millionaire, a few more million isn't going to change my life". i doubt he took the wilder fight to make big cash, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he took it just so he can talk mad shit about joshua and hearn, and get sort of in the spotlight of the sport.

i can't stand the fucker, but he is entertaining whenever he opens his mouth, i gotta give him that.

I think our best answer is that it could be a bit of everything? He sees Wilder as a good matchup, the $, what is at stake should he win, gets a dig at Hearn/AJ etc.

At the end of the day I just hope hes comitted 110%. Fury might be a POS, but hes good for the division. Not to mention hes entertaining in and out of the ring (aside from the Wlad fight lol).

Outside the ring, prob the most interesting and entertaining person in sports.
Inside, maybe not so.

If he comes in defensive and southpaw, then it could make for a very interesting match up, maybe not fight but match up...
But if wilder does start unloading bombs and getting wild, fury doesn't have that power to counter plus his range ruins the inside fight so he can't even go to that.
I dunno if you agree with that but I see it in a weird way - I see fury beating AJ comfortably, AJ beating wilder comfortably and wilder beating fury comfortably...

i don't know how credible his word is, but he's said he isn't boxing for the money. something along the lines of "i'm already a millionaire, a few more million isn't going to change my life". i doubt he took the wilder fight to make big cash, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he took it just so he can talk mad shit about joshua and hearn, and get sort of in the spotlight of the sport.

i can't stand the fucker, but he is entertaining whenever he opens his mouth, i gotta give him that.

Fury is all about the money, always has been... Dude doesn't even like boxing and is the first to admit it.
Watch a lot of his old pressers and interviews.
Talk about legacy an not being a coward is just to make the fight look more competitive an maybe to piss AJ off a bit too.

Add to the fact he's a traveller, its all about the coinage.

I'd be more excited for this fight is Fury was on the level he showed 3 years ago. Unfortunately, his comeback fight was underwhelming and he really has to show and prove against Pianeta. If he looks poor in that fight, It would be more of a cashout imo.

No matter how he looks in his next fight he’s not ready for wilder. He should be fighting a couple of top 10 fighters before a title shot imo. I can see him getting hurt in this fight

Outside the ring, prob the most interesting and entertaining person in sports.
Inside, maybe not so.

If he comes in defensive and southpaw, then it could make for a very interesting match up, maybe not fight but match up...
But if wilder does start unloading bombs and getting wild, fury doesn't have that power to counter plus his range ruins the inside fight so he can't even go to that.
I dunno if you agree with that but I see it in a weird way - I see fury beating AJ comfortably, AJ beating wilder comfortably and wilder beating fury comfortably...

IF Fury comes back as he was, I see it a bit different. I think wilder is the best match up for him, AJ being the toughest for fury, but the best matchup for wilder. The fury that fought wlad could quite possibly keep wilder at length. Joshua’s combination punching could be an issue for fury

IF Fury comes back as he was, I see it a bit different. I think wilder is the best match up for him, AJ being the toughest for fury, but the best matchup for wilder. The fury that fought wlad could quite possibly keep wilder at length. Joshua’s combination punching could be an issue for fury
I don't think wilder is as static or flat footed as wilder tbh
I know that wilder stands flat footed to load up but the way he sways and swings wide, could well be a nightmare for fury.
AJ comes in much like Klit, very textbook, ideal for evasive and clinching boxing?

Back