So does JDS get an immediete rematch?

Chuck Bass**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or does he have to beat Overeem or Roy Nelson for the rubber rematch?

Immediate rematch is for bloody close fight.

JDS getting an immediate rematch would be more unwarranted than Chael Sonnen getting a title shot at Jon Jones.

He got destroyed for 5 rounds, there won't be a rematch for quite some time.

Looks like JDS/Overeem won't happen for a while either, unless Overeem loses soon.

Why would you want to watch JDS/Nelson II?

after a showing like that, I think JDS needs at least 2 wins to get another shot. NEVER has a champion been dominated like that.

They should strip both guys....it was a horrible fight.

If Junior wins his next fight with a knockout then yes, I think he would win the rematch, he's gonna work on his cardio and win, the guy has an amazing chin and great takedown defence. Great performance by Cain, but i'm still very confident in Junior.

If Junior wins his next fight with a knockout then yes, I think he would win the rematch, he's gonna work on his cardio and win, the guy has an amazing chin and great takedown defence. Great performance by Cain, but i'm still very confident in Junior.

He's not getting another shot at Cain after one win. The only way JDS gets a title shot after just one win is if Overeem beats Cain and JDS looks fantastic next time out. The UFC would not pass up the opportunity to do Overeem/JDS for the belt.

No he gets an immediate trip to the hospital

I hope "standard" protocol is invoked: he fights one or two top fighters (assuming he wins), and then fights for the title again.

They should strip both guys....it was a horrible fight.

If you're referring to a slow of pace, you must have missed the memo where this is the heavyweight division. I would point out that these guys probably have some of the best cardio of any human being on the planet their size. The only people that big who have comparable cardio is a freak like LeBron James. And he isn't dealing with getting punched in the face or grappled.

Back