So did the casual fan tune in for Royce-Shamrock or Kimbo?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Of course, I realize many tuned in for both. But let's say the event had Royce-Shamrock without Kimbo-Dada and vice versa, which would have had better ratings?

Sad thing is if a casual fan turned in for either of the fights they will remain casual fans at best.

The whole show was just a disaster. I'll be interested in the ratings but at the same time regardless of the ratings I'm sure Spike might just say enough is enough of the wash up fighters. No way from a sport or entertainment view can anyone call this event a success.

Kimbo, i posted a picture of Dada vs Kimbo on FB and got a few comments of casuals interested in it.

I watched for the Royce/Ken fight. I wanted to Royce to win but not that way.

Kimbo/Dada 5000 was for the casuals. Gracie/Shamrock 3 was for hardcore fans with minimal shame.

Either way we ALL LOST from watching that atrocious event. Us Hardcores, and casuals.

Both fights, to me, were horrible. I can't even...I don't...know.

i watched because of royce gracie...that said despite the others opinons the kimbo fight was awesome....i was actually front row and center

My wife stayed up to watch Kimbo fight, we laughed harder than when we went to a local comedy show. Sapp/Akebono 2 was not entertaining in any way. Kimbo/Dada 5K was entertaining.

Kimbo/Dada 5000 was for the casuals. Gracie/Shamrock 3 was for hardcore fans with minimal shame.

It's the last phrase that got me. I mean, it's funny because it's true.

be990610-dafe-0132-bff3-0a13eebe068d.gif

My wife stayed up to watch Kimbo fight, we laughed harder than when we went to a local comedy show. Sapp/Akebono 2 was not entertaining in any way. Kimbo/Dada 5K was entertaining.

No doubt. Sapp-Akebono was the worst fight I've seen maybe ever. Kimbo vs Dada delivered.

4dd171143c2f1f62195c0538ae32fd0b

All joking aside, I sincerely hope Dada survives.

Imagine what Brett Rogers would have done to Kimbo back in the day? I remember Rogers asking for that fight but I'm sure after the Arlovski KO there was no way they were going anywhere near that. Now Rogers has lost so many fights I can't believe he ever KO'd Arlovski. He hung in there with Fedor and then apparently after that the wheels just fell off.

Back