So Conor is fighting Nate at 170?? Weird move, seems unfair to Conor

FullRoundAldo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Why not set up a catch weight at least, I mean it's not a title fight. Conor never fought at 170, he walks around at like 174 and he just won the 145 title. This is like if a prime, champion, Anderson went up to fight Stefan Struve. Or if GSP decided to try his luck against Shogun at 205.

You may have a point if Nate was a natural WW.

Which he isn't.

This really IS a catchweight basically, it's both of them agreeing not to bother cutting weight since Diaz probably can't do it healthily on short notice.

If Conor loses the ufc can say he fought two classes up and it softens the blow.

I hope Nate is already filing for his therapeutic marijuana exemption

The Goat will proove us that weight classes do not matter, Timing beats Speed, Precision beats Power

This IS the catchweight. Wether it works against Conor remains to be seen but he agreed to it,so i think its fine. I dont think he wouldve taken it otherwise.

Nate couldn't make the cut in that short of time. Conor is bigger than 170 anyway.

Nate could easily make 155 before fight night if
he starts flipping the bird now.

Why not set up a catch weight at least, I mean it's not a title fight. Conor never fought at 170, he walks around at like 174 and he just won the 145 title. This is like if a prime, champion, Anderson went up to fight Stefan Struve. Or if GSP decided to try his luck against Shogun at 205.
Wtf are you smoking. It's nothing like any of that. Nate is a LW, one who's lost 3 of his last 5 fights badly. They're doing 170 because Nate is out of shape and wouldn't make weight.

I was hoping he'd fight Pettis, who could probably make LW on short notice. Oh well, Diaz is still better than Cerrone in my book. Better striker (watch their fight) and more durable (won't go down to a body kick within the first minute of R1).

Didn't conor say to do it at 170. He agreed to it so why are you moaning?

NO!! its not the same as Silva fighting Struve or GSP fighting Shogun buddy , WTF are you talking about??? he is fighting a LW like him. You may be confused kid. He is not fighting NICK DIAZ, Mcdouchebag is fighting NATE DIAZ, a light weight that is taking the fight on 2 weeks notice. Stop crying and take this shit. Its gonna be awesome.

Yeah, but last week Conor was training and Diaz was on his couch smoking pot.

A Diaz Brother on short notice equals Mary Jane test fail but whatever...

There is no right or wrong with the opponent and or weight class choice here. Diaz was chosen because he moves the needle. It's the same reason BJ Penn's name was thrown out there as well. It's about max PPV revenue always, not what's exactly right or wrong with rankings or weight classes etc...

Cerrone would have been the logical choice technically. But he doesn't sell as well as a Diaz Brother, so it's as simple as that.

Aldo, RDA, Edgar don't sell PPVS, as great as they are, they can't draw flies and don't deserve any gifts. I honestly hope they make RDA wait until next spring for Connor. RDA limped away from an extra 3 to 5 million and if he fights again before Connor he will have to be satisfied with his few hundred thousand as he can barely sell enough PPVS to get into the significant bonus area...

Connor should fight Robbie at UFC 200 and then maybe RDA... maybe. But maybe give Aldo a shot first.

He's going after three belts. He's gonna test the water at 170, and Nate is perfect for that.

advantage to conor. He is in shape and doesn't have to go through a cut.
Diaz not in shape and had no fight camp

Back