So CM Punk is going to fight a guy with 4 MMA bouts in reality?

bubbleboyjones

Belt Purple
@Silver
Reaction score
So Mickey Gall has 2 amateur bouts, 2 pro bouts and competed in a bunch of BJJ tournaments(per his interview with Ariel)

Man the UFC is feeding CM Punk to the wolves. He's going to get mauled bad not to mention Gall is physically bigger(He was barefoot and almost eye level with Punk wearing dress shoes with a decent heels)

tumblr_m3uhrfiyxB1rnudeqo1_250.gif

Gall might be all that - but punk is the best in the world

You have a guy who has literally zero sanctioned fighting experience, debuting in the worlds premier mixed martial arts organization based on nothing other than celebrity status.

I get the UFC is a business and this has dollar signs written all over it, but it still delegitimizes the UFC.

I just don't like it at all.

The plan from the beginning was for CM to fight a guy with just a few fights. They were even talking about someone with a
1-0 record. Gall was the only one to call out CM so he got the fight. There's no surprise here…

Let's just hope it's a good fight. That would be more than I expect now.

Punk is a world class athlete with a great team behind him. It will be competitive.

Punk has a good chance of beating Gall. He doesn't have a good chance of beating anyone legit. Even the lower end of the top 50 WWs. He loses and loses bad. Let Punk have this ONE. Then if they give him someone legit in his 2nd fight. If there is a second fight. Then we can lol. But I think he's gonna be 1 and done. Lol@him saying he's gonna fight 8 times.

The wolves.

Lorenzo said Punk would not fight a can. Gall is certainly a can by UFC standards.

Hopefully we get some of CM Punk's classic mindgames. He really rattled the Undertaker before their match with that Paul Bearer spoof (RIP).

He is not a freak athlete like Brock, who had an amazing amateur wrestling pedigree. Also Brock was only 30 when he had his first UFC bout, Punk is 37. So unless there is something about him that we don’t know, he is going to get his ass kicked. Maybe the UFC will pay Gall to take a dive.

He is not a freak athlete like Brock, who had an amazing amateur wrestling pedigree. Also Brock was only 30 when he had his first UFC bout, Punk is 37. So unless there is something about him that we don’t know, he is going to get his ass kicked. Maybe the UFC will pay Gall to take a dive.
I think he will lose and retire. making some decent cash for him and the ufc in the process.

Punk will get the win from jumping off the top of the cage. He's a new breed fighter

You have a guy who has literally zero sanctioned fighting experience, debuting in the worlds premier mixed martial arts organization based on nothing other than celebrity status.

I get the UFC is a business and this has dollar signs written all over it, but it still delegitimizes the UFC.

You are right about it making the UFC seem not legit, they are all about dollar signs but they should respect their own business a little more

Last edited:
this is sports entertainment

CM Punk is not going to win a belt
fight could go either way with a new charismatic face in Mickey Gall
this will generate interest

smart marketing I would say
who else could they feed punk too?

Punk will get killed, seriously.

Unless the other guy gets paid to lose, but I don't think anyone could pull that off and make it look believable.

So yeah, Punk gets killed.

CM Punk would have been signed by Bellator, Titan, WSOF, anyone, and any top MMA company.

You guys need to rethink what you think MMA is, and realize what it really is.

There is no honor and tai chi, it's dollars and tickets. CM Punk has a black belt in arena filling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back