• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

so apparently we found another Khabib's Kryptonite again

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
Its pretty simple if Justin can shrug him off and take Khabibs wrestling out of the equation then its easy pickings he will knock him out, but i don't think he can.

Its pretty simple if Justin can shrug him off and take Khabibs wrestling out of the equation then its easy pickings he will knock him out, but i don't think he can.
This has been said for all Khabibs past opponents

No just have a balanced approach. Saying Tony can threaten Khabib with his unorthodox striking and guard game without denying that Khabib can maul him because of his exceptionally good ground work and smothering top control.

I like some intrigue too. I wasn't totally dismissing Poirier even tho I knew Khabib was favourite. But those guys are literally saying that Tony or Gaethje will KILL Khabib and that he will be exposed because he was never that good. That's just retard and based on emotions, not mma knowledge.

And we see equally as many posts (and even pointless threads started just to say it) saying Tony or whoever has zero chance vs Khabib, etc.

Are you also going to start a thread calling out all those dum dums?

Shit he got punched in a face in a MMA fight. He's all hype ! LMAO seriously dude

Ok I'll give you 1 high level grappler : Rafael Dos Anjos. But you'll probably humiliate yourself by saying he sucks or something like "he was dehydrated".

Styles make fights, and Clay Guida proved that stylistically Khabib is a nightmare for RDA, since Clay easily wrestle fucked RDA, and Khabib has better wrestling and top control than Clay Guida.

Good enough??

When Khabib was initially supposed to fight Cerrone sometime before he got injured that fight might have been more competitive. Khabib has put the distance between him and Cowboy (and most of the div)

Gathje is really on a roll,dangerous as fuck and getting better each fight just like Khabib

I thought Gaethje would win tonight and thought for a while he was one of the better opponents for Khabib at LW but I have to favor the champ. I need to stay away from Sherdog after fights it really is ridiculous. This happened after Tony beat Cowboy, after Dustin beat Holloway, after Khabib beat Dustin there was no one for him in the division and now Gaethje beats Cerrone he is the new guy on the block. If McGregor fought tonight and beat somebody, people would be saying that version could beat Khabib. I don't know if they are deliberately trolling, contrarions or really this retarded. Not saying Khabib can't be beat but the certainty of the posts make me think the people are mentally challenged in some way.

I find the certainty with which people here post about fights to be astounding. There is no such thing as a sure thing in MMA, yet I bet you could find at least a half dozen threads declaring a 100% certain outcome for any high profile fight, and another half dozen contradicting them.

It was a 12 to 6 elbow in the second fight. Clearly you’re in no position to comment on this since you don’t even know what I’m referring to.

Alvarez had Poirier completely prone on the mat in their second fight, so does he use his wrestling to advance position and cause damage? No, he does an illegal strike and gets stood up. This is the guy who’s supposed to challenge Khabib with wrestling? The guy is inept and a non threat to Khabib.

It's almost like getting a fight NC'd due to an illegal knee sticks out in the mind more than a 12-6. Alvarez doesn't need to lay Khabib out. His lateral footwork is some of the best in the game. He literally only has to play the same game he did against RDA, who is a FAR better ring cutter than Khabib. Khabib just runs in on straight lines and doesn't attempt to trap. Khabib has also never fought a good wrestler who could stand up to him, never mind a fighter with lateral footwork close to Eddie's.

If RDA with his left body kick, right hook and relentless pressure couldn't trap Eddie on the cage, Khabib won't be able to either.

Back