So...any news on Toney?

Emporio Alnino

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Last thing I heard was that he's supposed to fight Danny Williams.

Last thing I heard was that he's supposed to fight Danny Williams.
I actually met toney in cali ,I was in line at a buffet.I asked him if he was fighting and I could not understand him...

I actually met toney in cali ,I was in line at a buffet.I asked him if he was fighting and I could not understand him...

Think of the people in line at the buffet behind Toney. There was nothing left for them to eat.

It looks like he is going to fight Danny Williams followed by Joe Mesi.

Check out his interview up now on boxingtalk.net

GL: So you have no problem. To be clear, if it came down to it, I'm sure you're going to fight before a Mesi fight would take place with him fighting on April 4th. The earliest time that fight could take place would be the summer. You would definitely get a fight in prior to that. Have you and Dan discussed getting closer to the date?

JT: Dan and I spent a few hours talking, Danny Williams and a couple of other names. They can probably help, but they've got to come up with the money. Believe it or not, 70% of the people out there are offering chump change. They're offering fights for $100,000, they are out of their minds. How do they look offering me a fight for $100,000? They got to be kidding me, these guys are idiots."

LOL. I know James and his mother Sheri. They don't really talk much anymore, but she said he is fighting this summer. Toney is the shit, and if Mesi is smart he'll steer clear of him. James has a great chin and will box fucking circles around Mesi. I can't believe they'd even consider that fight. and Danny Williams? shiiiit, Toney might even stop that guy. seriously

LOL. I know James and his mother Sheri. They don't really talk much anymore, but she said he is fighting this summer. Toney is the shit, and if Mesi is smart he'll steer clear of him. James has a great chin and will box fucking circles around Mesi. I can't believe they'd even consider that fight. and Danny Williams? shiiiit, Toney might even stop that guy. seriously

Yeah all I can think is that Mesi's people think Toney has completely lost it. Maybe they think Toney doesn't have any real punching power at heavyweight and won't come in shape.
Or maybe they think it will be the biggest possible payday for Mesi.
Either way Mesi should not fight Toney because he will lose.

I would like to see Toney fight, Ruslan.

toney could lose to mesi, if he doesn't have anything left, don't kid yourselves, now the toney of a couple years ago like say against ruiz and guinn? mesi would be exposed badly.

Toney is done. He was outboxed by Sam peter and dropped with a jab.

JT:.... They're offering fights for $100,000, they are out of their minds. How do they look offering me a fight for $100,000? They got to be kidding me, these guys are idiots."

He hasn't beaten anyone in the top 10 in 3 years and most recently had a poor showing against a journeyman i've never heard of...IMO he is no longer relevant. Why is he crying?

Toney is done. He was outboxed by Sam peter and dropped with a jab.

and dropping James is the ONLY way Mesi would win a round. and I don't think Mesi could finish him. so even if Joe dropped him in 3 different rounds Toney would take the other 7 because of his slick boxing. the only other thing that could go wrong is an injury midfight. and Toney injures easily these days, probably because of his steroid use(isn't he still suspended for that LOL)

and dropping James is the ONLY way Mesi would win a round. and I don't think Mesi could finish him. so even if Joe dropped him in 3 different rounds Toney would take the other 7 because of his slick boxing. the only other thing that could go wrong is an injury midfight. and Toney injures easily these days, probably because of his steroid use(isn't he still suspended for that LOL)

I think Toney's slick boxing is a thing of the past. Hes too slow now. Maskaev slipped more of Peters shots than Toney did.

I think Toney's slick boxing is a thing of the past. Hes too slow now. Maskaev slipped more of Peters shots than Toney did.

I can see your point. maybe I'm just biased though. still if Mesi-Toney happens I think a sig. bet is in order. are you up to it?

I can see your point. maybe I'm just biased though. still if Mesi-Toney happens I think a sig. bet is in order. are you up to it?

Maybe. I think Toneys days are done. Depends on the sig bet.

I'd be nice. nothing gay or OT-ish. just James Toney is the greatest fighter ever type shit. peace

james toney needs to retire, hes no good anymore and i heard a recent interview with him and he doesnt sound so good

Back