So after Reyes crushes Wideman and Jan crushes Jacare

ApplesVild

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Which is kind of weird that the two top contenders at light heavy weight are fighting retirement ready middle weights instead of each other, but I guess that's just what people do at light heavy weight now.

After Reyes TKO's Wideman and Jan knocks Jacare out who do you see getting the title shot against Jones?

If there was someone else for Jones to fight inbetween we could see Reyes vs Jan and get a real number one contender, but there really isn't.

So who gets Jones next? Who deserves it more? Which fight would you rather see? And who do you think has a better chance against him?

I think if Reyes gets through Wideman within two rounds, makes it look easy, he get the shot. I think Jan probably deserves it just because he's worked hard, had his ups and down and came back better each time. Personally I don't care too much to see either guy face Jones because neither man is exciting or showing anything amazing in my opinion. I do think Reyes has a better chance against Jones though.

My prediction is that is Reyes makes quick work of Wideman and gets out of the fight injury free he potentially fights Jones on the New Years card this year.

Jan will probably have to fight either Walker or Rakic, which ever has the most impressive performance in their next fight.

Whoever doesn't fight Jan probably fights Anthony Smith.

Reyes is a UFC hypejob and Weidmen is going to send him back to the undercard where he belongs with the rest of the UFC hypejobs.

I dont know. This all looks weird to me. Like you said makes no sense to let both top contenders fight past their prime MWs who come of loses.
Maybe they try to buy time for Jones to go up to HW? Otherwise this makes no sense. Also Walker vs Corey is a contender fight in my eyes since one beat Jan and the other has a lot of hype behind him.
Maybe it depends who gets the job done better?
Jacare is a warrior, i can see him getting outclassed but not outright dominated and Jan isnte know for his knockouts.
Reyes on the other hand has a decent chance in knocking the Chris out, but Weidman might also be the tougher matchup since Jacare is like 40+ (?) years old with a lot of mileage.

Funny thing is, If Weidman wins, im pretty sure he gets a TS soon after. Neither Reyes or Jan are big enough names to say that convincingly.

I hope Jan will get his shot at Jones but I don't think so. He's even less marketable than Stipe.

Reyes is a UFC hypejob and Weidmen is going to send him back to the undercard where he belongs with the rest of the UFC hypejobs.
lol reyes is sending weidman to bellator where mousasi will knock him out again.

I hope mah boy gets his shit together. He hasn't shown me he's lost it, just seems to be winning and then get finished. After Reyes' last fight I kinda look at him differently and not as the killer as I thought he was. Jan has proved to be better than I thought but I think LHW is just very shallow now. If Santos can go from middle of the road to championship caliper I don't see my Weidman can't

Rockhold and Jacare would be better wins than Weidman and Oezdemir on paper.

Reyes probably, since Jan fights in a month or something like that?

Jan does not deserve it.

I don't think he beats Jacare anyway.

I think these old average size middle weights get crushed going up a weight. Wideman, Luke and Jacare.

Santos and Smith have the frame for it and bring their speed with them, Widman and Jacare are slow at middle weight, never mind carrying an extra 20lbs

Probably Reyes, as he's also a bad matchup for Jon Jones.
(Despite not having a long reach, he's got a comparable size and has great kickboxing and takedown defense)

I hope mah boy gets his shit together. He hasn't shown me he's lost it, just seems to be winning and then get finished. After Reyes' last fight I kinda look at him differently and not as the killer as I thought he was. Jan has proved to be better than I thought but I think LHW is just very shallow now. If Santos can go from middle of the road to championship caliper I don't see my Weidman can't

I expected Reyes to walk though Volkan but Volkan looked to have had made some big improvements, looked great against Latifi too. I think that was a harder match up than first though and I believe Reyes clearly won two rounds.

Imagine Wideman fighting guys like Santos or Izzy, he would get lit up in my opponion.

I expected Reyes to walk though Volkan but Volkan looked to have had made some big improvements, looked great against Latifi too. I think that was a harder match up than first though and I believe Reyes clearly won two rounds.

Imagine Wideman fighting guys like Santos or Izzy, he would get lit up in my opponion.
I think Santos gets put on his back, and maybe even Izzy. Weidman isn't shy about shoot wrestling when he knows he's at a disadvantage. Gas's stand up is so good he didn't even wrestle Izzy but I think that could have been the edge to get him that fight in those close rounds.

Teh Chris will reinvent himself in lhw and demosish Reyes and he is ready to fight Jones

Or he will just become next Gian Villante
Lets wait a litle and see

I think Santos gets put on his back, and maybe even Izzy. Weidman isn't shy about shoot wrestling when he knows he's at a disadvantage. Gas's stand up is so good he didn't even wrestle Izzy but I think that could have been the edge to get him that fight in those close rounds.

Santos is very good at getting back up now though, but even then I don't think the Chris could handle the power, the blitz from Santos would be overwhelming

There will be no NYE card, since Dana said Dec. 14 Vegas card is the last one for the year. Blachowicz was knocked out by Thiago Santos (who lost to Jones) one fight before Rockhold. Reyes will be on a longer win streak, is higher ranked than Jan- and so will get the next shot at Jones.

Send them back to the MW division where the competition is a little easier, you reckon?

Back