So a guy who went the distance with Greg Hardy is supposed to beat This French Phenom ?

I love when people make threads like these, so sure of themselves. Helps you sort who actually understands what's happening in the cage and who just goggles stats and gobbles up hype.

That was regular Volkov though. Right now we are talking about Swolkov. He's put on 50 lbs and cuts to 265 now. He's got a lot more power and I'm 100% certain Swolkov finishes Hardy in 1 or 2 rounds max.

That said, I'm still picking Gane. Volkov is still amazing though and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins either.

Greg hardy isn’t a shitty fighter. He’s brand new and much more athletic than the hw roster but has asthma.

gane has 8 fights. His specialty is Muay Thai which he is a novice in. With a handful of fights.

He has tons of question marks and lacks power for a guy that size with a striking background.

He is also French which would be his biggest weakness. Sure Lebanner was a beast but you have to reach really low to find great French fighters in the history of prize fighting. There’s a few boxers off the top of my head. Long ago carpentier then decades and then Mormeck and Boudwani the latter two just solid guys with mormeck with the better career.

There is also a big young hw. I can’t think of his name at the moment.

from what we can see from the matchup Is . Volkov is better everywhere. And has proven several dozens of times over. Fought the much better fighters by miles.

sure gane may be a really solid fighter. But he’s not today and hasn’t showed it.

The way you see gane killing volkov would be the promotional hype he receives as he’s earned no accolades in any combat sport.

he has the look and the ufc would love to break into France as the sport was illegal just a few years ago.

Hardy is tough and his accomplishment was not getting finished. Volkov is still tough to beat. He beat Overeem easily. His loses weren't bad. He was dominating Lewis until Lewis does what he does and KOd him. Blaydes just humped him. He didn't have much success taking him down and just put his weight on him when he took his back. Tough test for Gane since his main strategy is distance and Volkov is huge and knows how to use his distance. I wouldn't be surprised if Gane tried to take him down.

Hardy is an athlete.
Gane is a phenom. He played soccer at a very high level, his speed is way better.

Then why isn't he playing professional soccer? Hardy actually played in the NFL.

Lol. Outcome of that fight was no surprise.

Back