Snowmageddon Dec. 19, 2017 (Alberta Brahs GTFIH!)

That's what all you get for living on the wrong side of the country

And buying a car (too save on fuel).

My jimmies are totally rustled.

:rustled:This is me right now

<{outtahere}>This is my neighbours' laughing at me earlier.

I used to drive nothing but lifted trucks/jeeps and I'd fucking laugh at all the suckers in their cars when the snow hits. Drive around in 2 feet of snow for fun.
Now I've got a car an no jeep :(

At least in the summer time I can go more than 100 km/h on the highway

I was out at sunshine yesterday and the srive home was super slick. Couple vehicles in the ditch the road was basically ice lol

Dont know if ill go out today haha the gf has to do some christmas shopping so i may drive her around. The roads in bridgeland seem cleared which is good i can tour to the dt mall.

I used to drive nothing but lifted trucks/jeeps and I'd fucking laugh at all the suckers in their cars when the snow hits. Drive around in 2 feet of snow for fun.
Now I've got a car an no jeep :(

At least in the summer time I can go more than 100 km/h on the highway
That was my reasoning - as we've had a very mild ( and mean historically) winter.

And of course this happens.

Oh well, Work said to not worry about it so a day off.

so not so bad.

Wow, my city made Sherdog. I'm finally so proud. But really, anyone living in Alberta knows this was long overdue this year, it's been +15 for a month here (Calgary). Highly unusual

Days like these make me ask myself why i got rid of my imprrzza for a gti. If we do go out car to go it is

I was out at sunshine yesterday and the srive home was super slick. Couple vehicles in the ditch the road was basically ice lol

Dont know if ill go out today haha the gf has to do some christmas shopping so i may drive her around. The roads in bridgeland seem cleared which is good i can tour to the dt mall.
Yeah the roads were pretty awful by yesterday afternoon (late). An extra hour on Glenmore because of snow and a stalled car.

Seriously thinking of just renting and SUV till Friday.

Lesson learned though - park on the street when it snows this much.

That was my reasoning - as we've had a very mild ( and mean historically) winter.

And of course this happens.

Oh well, Work said to not worry about it so a day off.

so not so bad.

Yeah I mostly take transit nowadays anyway so no big deal but I still miss it.

Yeah the roads were pretty awful by yesterday afternoon (late). An extra hour on Glenmore because of snow and a stalled car.

Seriously thinking of just renting and SUV till Friday.

Lesson learned though - park on the street when it snows this much.

Unless you're in a "snow event" zone, in which case during the heaviest snowfalls you aren't allowed to park on the street and are forced to go to the alley where your vehicle gets stuck for a week. Not that I'm familiar with this phenomenon, hah. That's why I have an SUV with 4 wheel drive now.

Unless you're in a "snow event" zone, in which case during the heaviest snowfalls you aren't allowed to park on the street and are forced to go to the alley where your vehicle gets stuck for a week. Not that I'm familiar with this phenomenon, hah. That's why I have an SUV with 4 wheel drive now.
I think the street to the west of my condo complex is not a snow route.

Will have to check it out. The problem is the sorts steep grade at the entrance of parking lot.

I used to live in Bridgeland. Loved it there.

Not bad at all here in the Hat. Nothing much on the forecast either. Looks like that shit gonna pass us by

230.gif

Good. I'l be there on Saturday to visit family. Since moving to Vancouver I've been losing my Sask /Alberta ability to cope with the cold.

Good. I'l be there on Saturday to visit family. Since moving to Vancouver I've been losing my Sask /Alberta ability to cope with the cold.

It's ok here bro

IMG_1141.jpg

Damn, people died? I thought you guys out west knew how to handle yourselves in that stuff... RIP

We haven't got shit this year yet, although it was a skating rink of black ice this morning on the drive in to work.

It's ok here bro

IMG_1141.jpg

That looks about like Vancouver does right now and it's been chaos on some of the roads.

My 7am flight to Calgary this morning was cancelled and now I'm rescheduled for noon. Of course I found out was cancelled after I got up at 4:30am and went to the airport. Shaping up to be a shit Christmas.

Back