Television SNL vs Mad TV

I used to watch both. Really liked 90s SNL when they had Farley, Hartman, and Norm. Once Mad TV dropped I was a much bigger fan of it over SNL. Chappelle's Show was the GOAT. In Living Color was really funny as well.

Probably SNL overall but MadTV had some great stuff.

Will Fortes best SNL sketch imo

At least one of my favorites I discovered today. I couldn't stop laughing lol

Parnell was really so underappreciated. Perfect straight-laced guy in sketches. His delivery after Forte finishes that sequence is hilarious in its own right.

He got fired twice which makes no sense. SNL has a string of weird decisions like that. I thought Taran Killam was consistently great and they didn’t renew his contract a few years back.

Sad they're both dead now.

Farley is fucking awesome at cracking his co-stars up, and they're not Fallon.

OVERALL In living color but back to the subject.
MAD TV. It was funny however, when Will Sasso and Aries Spears joined the cast I felt it got better. If Orlando Jones and Phil Lamarr stayed on, it would've been off the hook!

OVERALL In living color but back to the subject.
MAD TV. It was funny however, when Will Sasso and Aries Spears joined the cast I felt it got better. If Orlando Jones and Phil Lamarr stayed on, it would've been off the hook!

What did Phil go to do anyway, voice acting? I can't believe he was an extra in Spiderman by the time he was already in a lot of stuff.

What did Phil go to do anyway, voice acting? I can't believe he was an extra in Spiderman by the time he was already in a lot of stuff.
He was the voice of the weird vampire guy in Metal Gear Solid 2.

I knew all 4 black actors on SNL/Mad TV by name, so I noticed right away and marked out.

Edit : I forgot Aries Spears, who did the best impressions on Mad (Sasso was good, too).

Last edited:
SNL has a more extensive library do they win.

But MadTV's best skits are much easier to get into and way more memorable IMO.

It's been years since I watched either but I remember generally Mad TV made me laugh more. So that's my pick.

Back