Smith & Wesson model 327 Night Guard

Bay Area

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this bad mamma jamma?

Im going to get one for home defense. I prefer revolvers for home defense since they aint gonna jam on me. I have a small collection of snubs (I love snubs) but I love the fact that it is 8 shots. Any testimonials?

st_unleasethenight_200807-a.jpg

0.jpg

Why have I not heard of this? Looks legit as fuck. S&W is the way to go for revolvers.

Stay away from the alloy revolvers, they kick like a mule and have frame warping issues.

You might be able to find a snub 627 8 shot .357 S&W in stainless, on the used market. The 627s sold new only come with 5" barrels, iirc.

And yeah, I know longer barrels are better for ballistics, but I have a thing for snubs too.

Can't find the link but I remember some cops having issues with frame tweak and timing issues( cylinder gets off) took a shooting .357 mag rounds and I don't think it took a ton. Those I've shot, kick like hell and we're painful.

Can't find the link but I remember some cops having issues with frame tweak and timing issues( cylinder gets off) took a shooting .357 mag rounds and I don't think it took a ton. Those I've shot, kick like hell and we're painful.

Thanks for the PM. Wow. I guess I wont be getting one of those then. Its a shame cuz its a cool looking snub.

Yeah it's a bummer. I carry a S&W 640-3 as my backup gun on duty and love it. They also make a great combat magnum in full size that's an 8 shot. Makes a great shield gun for the SWAT shield guy.

I carry a S&W 642. It's an airweight and I've never had any problems with recoil putting 38's through it.

I think most of the problems with these lighter guns come when you try to fire 357's from them. 357's are overkill in my book. I want to hit the target, not have the bullet go through and hit a someone behind him...

38's are fine for taking someone down and they have manageable recoil even out of a lighter alloyed gun. With 357's you may have problems with recoil and you run the risk of over penetration.

Nice looking gun, though it might be a little bulky for my taste. I have an affinity towards J frames as I think they're the best choice for most people who want an all around defense system.

I carry a S&W 642. It's an airweight and I've never had any problems with recoil putting 38's through it.

I think most of the problems with these lighter guns come when you try to fire 357's from them. 357's are overkill in my book. I want to hit the target, not have the bullet go through and hit a someone behind him...

38's are fine for taking someone down and they have manageable recoil even out of a lighter alloyed gun. With 357's you may have problems with recoil and you run the risk of over penetration.

Agreed.

Your carry choice is a good one, I carry the 642CT.

the scandium frame guns are meant to be lightweight carry guns. if you plan on using it for home defense there is no reason why you shouldn't get a steel framed gun. i'd suggest the 686 plus. sure it has 1 less round but you'll be much more accurate and much more comfortable shooting it. just my 2 cents

I have a S&W model 10-3. Its a 2inch Combat model. It has a Really wide trigger and hammer with a red front sight. And the smoothest trigger i have ever shot.

DSC_8554.jpg

I got T-grips for it.
DSC_8548.jpg

Last edited:
I have a S&W model 10-3. Its a 2inch Combat model. It has a Really wide trigger and hammer with a red front sight. And the smoothest trigger i have ever shot.

DSC_8554.jpg

I got T-grips for it.
DSC_8548.jpg

I have a thing for revolvers. Very nice. Especialy the second one.

How many shots?

I have a thing for revolvers. Very nice. Especialy the second one.

How many shots?

Its the same gun, it just has the T-grips on it in the bottom pic. The T-grips help alot when shooting .357 rds out if it. It holds 6. They are even recessed, so the sit flush in the chamber. Something you don't see to often now awdays.

Last edited:
Its the same gun, it just has the T-grips on it in the bottom pic. The T-grips help alot when shooting .357 rds out if it. It holds 6. They are even recessed, so the sit flush in the chamber. Something you don't see to often now awdays.

Lol. I know its the same gun. I meant the second pic with the sick handle

Very nice looking revolver....makes me want to buy another one (I just have a Ruger SP101). But you said you like them so you don't have to worry about jams....if you buy a good quality semi-auto pistol you shouldn't have jams. I've never had a problem with my Glocks, Sig, Springfield 1911.

Back