Small conversations

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I see where you come from in view of the recent events.

Do you see the number of people you can have in a conversation be raised again at some point? I'm asking on behalf of the Platinum Nation.

We have these larger convos running and they seem to be an important part of people's Sherdog experience. If your opinion is that conversations are not meant for discussing matters in larger groups we'll happily accept that of course.

You guys are doing a great job managing this board!

Please mods, do us a solid. Just give Karnage the ability so it can't be abused. He's a great poster and even greater guy.

Or give us our own sub forum that Karnage manages who can view.

I just totally tried to start a group chat about Bible Studies and prayer mat stitching for me and my flock... Turns out that there's a cap now.

You wait until God hears about this.

<Wenger85>

Woah, way wierd. What bought about the motion of making caps on chat members?

Woah, way wierd. What bought about the motion of making caps on chat members?
This may clarify things.

Tldr: a group of posters in the warroom were using mass messages to coordinate a disruption campaign, which apparently involved raiding and derailing threads they didn't like, harassing users and staff they didn't like, and submitting fabricated complaints to Crave to try to pressure admin. They were given a ton of slack and, when confronted, challenged admin to ban them.
There is really not a lot to say on the matter of the group of banned posters.

Regardless of what I say here, some will still be pissed and think it's a conspiracy or the product of poor or over zealous modding.

The choice was to either continue to let a few posters disrupt and sub-forum and derail every thread in addition to fielding fabricated reports involving staff members whom they do not get along with or remove them and move on.

The amount of complaints I received either via email or handed down to me from the parent company far outweighed theirs and when users in their PM conversation start reporting and sending screencaps of their nefarious plans for the forums to me, there is really not a lot of wiggle room, especially considering they have all been asked and in some cases pleaded with to desist as no one really wanted it to get to this point and the response was "just ban me then" and apparently being defiant on a online forum was more important that their accounts

And yes, the "Mexicant" comment from Madmick has been sent to me for the last 8 months since he posted it and yes, I pulled his mod card for 30 days as the parent company was not happy either and there have not been any further issues and as Mick has modded what is historically the worst place on the Sherdog forums without incident for a decade, I was inclined to let him back after his suspension and that was the end of it, despite numerous emails sent with all sorts of different stories regarding it, but unlike those who were banned, Mick took the warning and moved on and learned from it.

Dealing with the fallout from this is far better than continuing to be pelted with hourly complaints and requests to clean up the war room.
The edict from above has been to simply get rid of the place and end any complaints or future problems, but much as I did with the OT, I'd rather tweak the rules and keep it around as I am aware for those of you who visit this place, it's a home of sorts and you genuinely enjoy it, the same way I enjoy the OT, but when constant issues continue to go up the chain and to myself, the question generally gets asked "why let a political discussion area cause so many problems?" and I am running out of reasons to deflect at this point
The other 2 options were to either move it to Mayberry where it would follow lighter rules and likely die off, or put in the OT and let it be a free for all, which would also likely kill the place so I chose the best option which would keep the War Room around.

I don't post in here

This is not an attack on the left or right or whatever, this was simply about responding to continuous complaints and reports of forums raids and posters trying to continually start shit with far too much free time on their hands and generally making the War Room a pain in the ass to moderate and to post in.

Numerous warnings were ignored along with infractions and if they want to sit it out for a while I will be happy to listen to them a while from now regarding bringing their accounts back.
I have a 5 page thread in the booth that has been going for months regarding this which is WAAAAY too much and indicitave of how many second chances they have had and how long it was let go.

Not going to debate this for hours.

It's done and time to move on

Any of the banned posters are welcome to email me directly to discuss it
@Bald1 further to what @Tachy said, not going to debate anything or put more info out there from what Tachy said other than this, as this seemed to impact yourself and some of the others:

As discussed, information was made available to staff that pwent was engaging in tactics to disrupt the forums and recruit others to do this on a concerted effort through mass PMs. It may not have been in a PM in which you were invited. I wiped all his PMs in the process of deleting his account which is a feature available to admin staff.

I'm not going to debate the merits of it. Judgement call in the interests of the site.

Regards

Just a guess, though

Last edited:
This may clarify things.

Tldr: a group of posters in the warroom were using mass messages to coordinate a disruption campaign, which apparently involved raiding and derailing threads they didn't like, harassing users and staff they didn't like, and submitting fabricated complaints to Crave to try to pressure admin. They were given a ton of slack and, when confronted, challenged admin to ban them.
yeah i read that earlier today. didnt link it to the convos. but i realised the bannings.

cheers bruh!

On behalf of The Legion of Groove

Thank you for your OP @Karnage ...Plat Naysh & LOG are both effected by this in much the same way.

Our big chat is an important part of keeping our group together. Being able to add people to the chat is very important... as new fans show their support & wish to be a part of our community.

I see you have problems with a single person or 2 using PM's to rally people to attack others. As we don't engage in that kind of activity, I wish you would consider allowing us to continue with our larger PM's... with the ability to add more.

Thank you.

FzdBRYY.jpg

U guys not even tag @Tachy ??

Tachy dont let a few bad apples spoil the fun for the rest of us. The infinite chat capacity is a great sherdog product, it allows fan groups to be made and like minded people to communicate without being exposed to unwanted trolling from the random public. I mean as a business the last thing u want to do is throw away a good feature / product of the site, because then people who like that feature may be forced to migrate somewhere else and hurt your traffic.

I dont know what happened in war room but disabling chats is surely not the best solution. Please rethink

Thanks

JG

[QUOTE="The Best JG, post: 135360025, member: 495753"I dont know what happened in war room but disabling chats is surely not the best solution. Please rethink

Thanks

JG[/QUOTE]
Feelingss were hurt because some were no invited to a private chat.

The issue of PM participant limits has been addressed by Admins, whether or not this will change in the future, I cannot say.

We will not be granting special permissions to posters by giving them the ability to have unlimited participants in their conversations.

And we will certainly not be granting you guys your own sub-forum so let's just get that out of the way, that is simply not happening.

If you really want to have large conversations, you are free to make threads in the Dump. No one ever goes there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back