• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sleeveless gi grappling; in between gi and no-gi

ChumsGum

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
sleeveless-karate-gi.jpg

i train with a gi and think all the sleeve grips are rather silly. i also find no-gi to be too slippery for my liking.

what would you guys think about sleeveless gi jiu jitsu? you'd still be able to grab and choke with the lapel of course.

is this topic stupid or genius?

This thread is awesome. If it's good enough for Ken, it's good enough for me.

sleeveless-karate-gi.jpg

i train with a gi and think all the sleeve grips are rather silly. i also find no-gi to be too slippery for my liking.

what would you guys think about sleeveless gi jiu jitsu? you'd still be able to grab and choke with the lapel of course.

Those are shujiao jackets?

YES!! now I finally have a way to collar choke people AND show off the GUNS!!

I was going to flame TS, but on a second thought, it does actually makes some sense...

This makes a lot of sense. All of my street fights have been with dudes wearing vests.

If it's good enough for master ken it's good enough for me!!!

sleeveless-karate-gi.jpg

Do they have it in camo? I'm traveling this month and I'm going to be stopping in at a place I used to train a long time ago. This would be a hilarious way to show up for a class.

Back