• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slate Magazine article on UFC: "Ultimate Fleecing"

Slate magazine is not the mediocre, juvenille blog some of you may be used to. It's a reknowned and sophisticated source of commentary and journalism. You may disagree with something, but don't let your homerism also show how uneducated you are.

Hahaha, that was funny. Reknowned bwahaahhaa. Sophisticated? Muhahahhaha. :rolleyes: I think it probably ranks just below "The Onion". The Huffington Post is far out of reach at this point.

Read the first paragraph, yawned and stopped.

I read all of it and it was awful. Very poorly written and cited, and tons of grammar issues. Not to mention they talk about how "lousy" the shows are, but don't mention the injuries that have been derailing cards left and right.

I think that the UFC is in a little bit of a tight spot right now, but the author did a very job of articulating that and they also seemed to unfairly blame the UFC without justification.

"When PPV buys make up something like three-quarters of your net yearly revenues,
you don

Back