• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Skyrim question

I tried enchanting a glass helm with a grand soul gem and only got a +16%. I thought for sure it would be something like 50% or so since I got my enchanting to 100.

My biggest criticism for Skyrim is once you have powerful armor, have tons of health, and have a powerful bow with high archery skill - The entire game becomes far too easy.

So, you have to turn up the difficulty to make it tougher, which begs the question why bother spend hours upgrading shit.

Ordinator mod. Been playing Skyrim with it for so long I forgot what the original perks were.

I kind of want to go back and play this game again. I need a good idea for a character build though.
Race: Orc
Class: Death Knight
Stone: Ritual
Armor: Ancient Nord Armor
Major Skill Focus: Heavy Armor, Two-handed, Conjuration, Destruction
Minor Skill Focus: Enchanting, Smithing, Restoration
Play Style: You're basically Arthas, the Lich King, with an axe. Use conjuration to raise the dead to fight along side you and to summon your battle axe(until you get to Ebony or Daedric weapons). I prefer to use Bound Axe for most of the game due to the clunkiness of swapping from spells to weapons. You'll be using FROST Destruction magic, and it is also okay imo to summon Frost Atronachs if you're lacking bodies. The Ritual Stone allows you to raise EVERY SINGLE CORPSE in your vicinity. I also like to use Frost Cloak spell and Frost Runes from the Destro tree.

Race: Orc
Class: Death Knight
Stone: Ritual
Armor: Ancient Nord Armor
Major Skill Focus: Heavy Armor, Two-handed, Conjuration, Destruction
Minor Skill Focus: Enchanting, Smithing, Restoration
Play Style: You're basically Arthas, the Lich King, with an axe. Use conjuration to raise the dead to fight along side you and to summon your battle axe(until you get to Ebony or Daedric weapons). I prefer to use Bound Axe for most of the game due to the clunkiness of swapping from spells to weapons. You'll be using FROST Destruction magic, and it is also okay imo to summon Frost Atronachs if you're lacking bodies. The Ritual Stone allows you to raise EVERY SINGLE CORPSE in your vicinity. I also like to use Frost Cloak spell and Frost Runes from the Destro tree.
I like! I've done a lot of different playthroughs but nothing ever like this

I just looked up there's no enchanting for equipment, only potions

Also, is grand soul gem the one that gives you the best results when enchanting?

Also, I went with the light armor route, but I'm doin the shield+sword combo

I'm mainly an archer, but now that my archery is maxed, i gotta go a different route to get XP points.
Use only Grand Souls (Black/Grand gems) to enchant items, when your Enchanting is maxed. At this point other souls are just to recharge magic itmes.

I like! I've done a lot of different playthroughs but nothing ever like this
It's really fun, especially if you exploit the wait mechanic to continue using your Ritual stone to build up an army. Easier to do on a PC, due to all the characters on screen at once. You can have 20+ dudes following you plus your two dead thralls.

Just started my new playthrough (I'm up to at least 4 full ones now) and holy fuck after 7 years I still love this game. It definitely shows its age and it wasn't perfect to begin with but it's so refreshing to play a game that is incredibly deep but remarkably simple to play. Its layered with so many systems and they all work, it's incredible (looking at you RDR2). You can take advantage of the systems to make yourself a God but I also handed the controller over to my 4 year old son for a few minutes and he even got a hang of the basics. In a year where I played God of War, Spiderman, and Red Dead 2; This game is still better than all of them.

Back