Siver has the potential to give us the biggest hypetrain derailment since Kimbo Slice

Double 99

Orange Belt
Reaction score
and the most satisfying defeat since Werdum-Browne.

Siver is a tough, gritty fighter with a lot of experience. He is strong, has power in his hands, decent takedowns and dangerous on the ground. McGregor will be one of the toughest fights of his career but the potential is there for him to spoil the party. If he is at his best he can give McGregor real problems. I question whether McGregor can take a hard shot from Siver and stay in the round and I doubt he will want to be on his back against him either. Siver said he wants to tire him out and if he sticks to him and forces him to grapple Connor won't like it.

Mach schoen, Denis!

I would love nothing more as a non fan of Mcgregor. However, as a fan of the sport, if Mcgregor does win it will set up a huge title fight that even the casuals will pay to see.

he's a good fighter but he made very difficult work of a debuting fighter who took the fight on very short notice... he is strong enough to make this an interesting fight but it feels really quite unlikely he has the ability to pull that kind of upset off

I still think Conor smashes him. I truly believe Conor is a top 5 fighter. Champion material fighter? No, but I do think hes a top fiver. He will dispatch of Siver with ease I believe.

This will be a huge derailment if McGregor loses. Mostly for the UFC.

It will be insane if Siver wins by finish. The rabid fans of the Irishman will need to be put on suicide watch - especially here on Sherdog.

Will we see a run of e-suicides if McGregor loses? Hmm...

I don't think any serious fan ever gave Kimbo a real chance to begin with. He was always a novelty.

Conor is still going to be a good fighter whether he wins or loses.

Take all of the "hype" and all of the online anger that the McGregor fanbase stirs up in your heart and set it aside.

If you truly know and understand what you are watching, you realize that this is another first round KO for Conor and that his prediction of ending it in 2 minutes is very possible.

Well, hopefully Siver has improved greatly since the Guillard finish and can avoid this sort of thing.

Edgar bless

Did Kimbo ever have hype behind him? Not really a derailment. I'd say Overeem was one of the biggest names to come over and fail.

With that said, Siver probably isn't stopping Conor.

well, 10-1 mismatches sometimes go surprising - the most common exception to the rule is GSP v Serra I.

but usually not.

Siver has no chance. Every time he's ever fought a top 20 level guy, he's lost. His best win is George Sotioropoulos - who hasn't won a fight since. McGregor will run circles around Siver and make him look foolish.

Any MMA fan knew Kimbo was a joke...

also:

overeem-knockout.gif

Did Kimbo ever have hype behind him? Not really a derailment. I'd say Overeem was one of the biggest names to come over and fail.

With that said, Siver probably isn't stopping Conor.

I don't recall anyone thinking Kimbo would be a good MMA fighter at all...but I think most people were surprised he lost to Petruzelli. Also combined with the fact that Elite tied their whole operation to Kimbo it was a pretty disastrous upset.

Conor is incredibly overrated.

He still KOs Siver with ease though.

I don't recall anyone thinking Kimbo would be a good MMA fighter at all...but I think most people were surprised he lost to Petruzelli. Also combined with the fact that Elite tied their whole operation to Kimbo it was a pretty disastrous upset.

Ha! I can agree with you on that one! The manner in which he lost to Seth blew my mind a bit. Didn't expect it in any way.

Siver should be highly motivated and without any pressure no one expects him to win anyway. All the pressure is on the Irish dude calling the minutes and seconds to Siver's demise.

I would advise Siver to be defensive the 1st rd but always with the counter in mind. Know that he's gonna present a lot of flash & flare to highlight clip your ass, flash & flare means windows of opportunity to get to him.

Know that he's gonna be coming to you so don't chase wait and let him come. You're suppose to lose anyway he must be the aggressor push & press he can be baited into a crushing strike just let him come to you because you know he will make him respect you.

Ha! I can agree with you on that one! The manner in which he lost to Seth blew my mind a bit. Didn't expect it in any way.

The first thing I always think of when any mentions Kimbo is actually my mental picture of Elite XC's ownership just doing one of these:

sheldon-gif.gif

Yeah, but Siver is no Seth... whatever his name is.

Back